Re: [NTO] Re: [NTB] Mouse Wheel over Terminal Services Client

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2005
      Jody:
      One more suggestion:
      TweakUI has on its mouse tab an X-Mouse option.
      Activation follows mouse - with this one focus follows the mouse - if you
      move the mouse to another window you'll see the Title bar switch from (say)
      grey to blue.

      I usually have it set with an activation delay of 500ms.

      I just tested by turning it off and KatMouse scrolling of background windows
      works with or without it, but you might want to try setting it on to see how
      you like it.

      There is another option there: Autoraise when activating - I'd recommend you
      do *NOT* set that one.

      Re: Flywheel being less responsive - yah, anyone of your cliches will work
      :-)

      Regards ... Alec
      --
      ; ( ) { } [ ] \ | 9 0 + = () {} []

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 6, 2005
        Hi Alec,

        >> Just tested - three out of five ain't perfect but its better than nothing

        I did better than you; I have 5 out of 5! :) Thanks bunches! I
        only tried KatMouse which is good enough for me. Thanks again!!!

        To get it to work with the Outlines and Quick List, you need to
        go into KatMouse's Settings... and click on the Classic tab.
        drag/drop the symbol thing over the pane when it gets focused -
        you'll see it get outlined like. It will add that to its list in
        the Classic tab. Double click on it and uncheck all boxes. I just
        stumbled across it clicking around myself and had to try the
        different settings till I fount the one that did it.

        >One more suggestion:
        >TweakUI has on its mouse tab an X-Mouse option.
        >Activation follows mouse - with this one focus follows the mouse
        >- if you move the mouse to another window you'll see the Title
        >bar switch from (say) grey to blue.
        >
        >I usually have it set with an activation delay of 500ms.
        >
        >I just tested by turning it off and KatMouse scrolling of background windows
        >works with or without it, but you might want to try setting it on to see how
        >you like it.
        >
        >There is another option there: Autoraise when activating - I'd recommend you
        >do *NOT* set that one.

        Thanks for those, but I'm going to quit while I'm ahead. If it works, don't fix it! ;)

        >> >With KatMouse running and a Logitech cordless mouse: KatMouse
        >> >http://kickme.to/katmouse
        >>
        >> >Note-2: There is another program that *DOES* scroll all five
        >> >Notetab panes: Flywheel
        >> >http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,23737,00.asp

        http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
      • Alec Burgess
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 6, 2005
          Jody:

          > To get it to work with the Outlines and Quick
          > List, you need to go into KatMouse's Settings...
          > and click on the Classic tab. drag/drop the
          > symbol thing over the pane when it gets focused
          > -you'll see it get outlined like. It will add
          > that to its list in the Classic tab. Double
          > click on it and uncheck all boxes.

          Classes tab, not Classic :-)

          Good find.

          I tried to duplicate your results but on my first try I dragged the icon on
          all five panes and did the double-click and untick "Windows scrolling
          support" and had problems - not all would work.

          When I removed all classes and added back just the two that seemed to be
          problematic:
          QuickList == TToolListbox, and
          OutlineHeaders == TTxtListbox

          I was finally successful too :-)

          Thanks for the feedback, hopefully I'll remember the double-click trick if I
          run into problematic windows in other apps!

          Regards ... Alec
          --
          ; ( ) { } [ ] \ | 9 0 + = () {} []

          >>> Just tested - three out of five ain't perfect but its
          >>> better than nothing
          >
          > I did better than you; I have 5 out of 5! :) Thanks
          > bunches! I
          > only tried KatMouse which is good enough for me. Thanks
          > again!!!
          >
          > To get it to work with the Outlines and Quick List, you
          > need to
          > go into KatMouse's Settings... and click on the Classic
          > tab.
          > drag/drop the symbol thing over the pane when it gets
          > focused -
          > you'll see it get outlined like. It will add that to its
          > list in
          > the Classic tab. Double click on it and uncheck all
          > boxes. I just
          > stumbled across it clicking around myself and had to try
          > the
          > different settings till I fount the one that did it.
          >
          >> One more suggestion:
          >> TweakUI has on its mouse tab an X-Mouse option.
          >> Activation follows mouse - with this one focus follows
          >> the mouse - if you move the mouse to another window
          >> you'll see the Title
          >> bar switch from (say) grey to blue.
          >>
          >> I usually have it set with an activation delay of 500ms.
          >>
          >> I just tested by turning it off and KatMouse scrolling
          >> of background windows works with or without it, but you
          >> might want to try setting it on to see how you like it.
          >>
          >> There is another option there: Autoraise when activating
          >> - I'd recommend you do *NOT* set that one.
          >
          > Thanks for those, but I'm going to quit while I'm ahead.
          > If it works, don't fix it! ;)

        • hsavage
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 30, 2005
            Jody,

            Would you please post, or send to me, addresses for the entire Fookes
            Users groups? Or, at least, send the address of the list to post
            questions about ASA.

            --

            ºvº
            05.07.30