Re: Re: [NTO] Re: [NTB] Mouse Wheel over Terminal Services Client

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2005
      Jody:

      > Does the mouse drivers make it so your wheel will scroll in the
      > Clipbook Library and Outline headings simply by holding the mouse
      > over those panes? I all versions of Windows and far back in
      > NoteTab I have only been able to get the Clips to scroll when I
      > make it double click to execute (Single click ... in Options -
      > unchecked) and then click on a Clip. I believe in the Outlines I
      > have to click twice on a heading in order to get the scroll/wheel
      > working. I think both of those are pretty typical at least for
      > the Point22 (MS) and EM_???? (for Logitech) extension drivers
      > running from the complaints I receive in support messages. Thanks!

      Just tested - three out of five ain't perfect but its better than nothing
      With KatMouse running and a Logitech cordless mouse:
      KatMouse http://kickme.to/katmouse

      I opened the clipList - F4, put it into split window mode showing an outline
      and and a regular text file and then opened a quickList on the right.

      ie:
      --ClipList--/--OTL-hdrs--/--OTL-Body--/--regular-file--/--QuickList--

      Moving the mouse over the clip list, the OTL-body or the regular file body
      scrolls the one its on top of.

      It does *not* scroll the outline-headers pane or the QuickList by simply
      moving the mouse on top of them.

      However: it seems that ALL but the Outline Header and QuickList will always
      scroll them.
      If you click in the QuickList pane then all but OTL-Header scroll by moving
      on top.
      Similarily: Clicking on OTL-Header makes it and other three scroll, but not
      the QuickList.

      Note: when I disable KatMouse by clicking on its systray icon I get what you
      probably see:
      Click on any one of the five panes and it will scroll no matter what pane
      the mouse is on-top of.

      Note-2: There is another program that *DOES* scroll all five Notetab panes:
      Flywheel
      http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,23737,00.asp
      I used it for a while but find KatMouse more responsive - YMMV :-)
      This program used to shareware but the author apparently decided to make it
      free:
      >>Although this product is no longer supported by the vendor, it does
      require registration. All users can register under the name "I Am Free" with
      the registration number 13601409<<

      I hope you find one or the other useful :-)

      Regards ... Alec
      --
      ; ( ) { } [ ] \ | 9 0 + = () {} []

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2, 2005
        Hi Alec,

        There's one question in the last paragraph with the off topic
        stuff that you can delete when replying. Oh, we are on the Off
        Topic list. ;) Some chit-chat is allowed, just as a reminder. <g>

        >> Does the mouse drivers make it so your wheel will scroll in the
        >> Clipbook Library and Outline headings simply by holding the mouse
        >> over those panes?

        >Just tested - three out of five ain't perfect but its better than nothing

        Yeppers; for me, I mainly wanted it in the Clips, so I should be
        good to go and a happy camper! :)

        >With KatMouse running and a Logitech cordless mouse: KatMouse
        >http://kickme.to/katmouse

        Downloading shortly...

        >Note-2: There is another program that *DOES* scroll all five
        >Notetab panes: Flywheel
        >http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,23737,00.asp
        >I used it for a while but find KatMouse more responsive - YMMV :-)

        Might give it a try. By less responsive mean like the mouse wheel
        seems to be like "get'n rubber," spinning out, but not going very
        far? Sort of like, "his hamsters home, but the wheel isn't
        spinning," "his elevator doesn't go all the way to the top," "her
        loaf is half baked," "she's a few cans short of a six pack," "a
        couple bananas short of a bunch," "not the sharpest tool in the
        shed."? <bg> ...and I do say that in fun and represent them
        myself sometimes, especially when my two healthy brain cells get
        arguing about which one is right! ;)

        See ya in the funnies!

        http://www.clean-funnies.com

        you missed a good joke! 8?D