[NTO] Adding pictures to CD in XP

  • Fay Johnston
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2005
      A photographer friend has XP home.
      She uses Nero to put a folder of pictures onto a CD.
      If she tries to add another folder later, the program says "This disc is not
      writeable".
      I brought several of these "not writeable" discs home, and in 98se, same
      Nero edition, was able to add folders without any problems.
      She's also tried a program called "Shampoo".
      The results are exactly the same.

      A variation is that a couple of the disks she's made have the same folder
      inside itself about a dozen times, but with nothing at all in the ultimate
      folder.

      We've Googled and installed the patches MSoft offers for similar (but not
      exactly the same) problems. Nothing in Windows XP help. We ask it how to
      milk a cow and it tells us how to shear a camel.

      If someone has had this problem and solved it, we'd be so grateful if you'd
      tell us how.
    • Alex Plantema
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 14, 2005
        Op zaterdag 2 juli 2005 09:07 schreef Fay Johnston:

        > A photographer friend has XP home.
        > She uses Nero to put a folder of pictures onto a CD.
        > If she tries to add another folder later, the program says "This disc
        > is not writeable".
        > I brought several of these "not writeable" discs home, and in 98se,
        > same Nero edition, was able to add folders without any problems.

        When using Nero Express, before adding another folder, insert the disk and let Windows detect it before starting Nero.
        When using Nero Burning Rom, be sure to select "Continue with an existing data CD (multisession)" in the wizard.
        Does that help?

        Alex.
      • Fay Johnston
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 15, 2005
          > When using Nero Express, before adding another folder, insert the disk and
          let Windows detect it before starting Nero.
          > When using Nero Burning Rom, be sure to select "Continue with an existing
          data CD (multisession)" in the wizard.
          > Does that help?

          Thank you kindly Alex. We'll certainly try and I'll let you know if it
          solves the problem.

          Groetjes
          Fay