Re: [NTO] Re: [NTB] Mouse Wheel over Terminal Services Client

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2005
      Hi Alec,

      >I haven't used Terminal Services Client but it *might* help to install
      >freeware-KatMouse http://eduard.hiti.bei.t-online.de/index.html on the
      >remote computer.
      >
      >This program has solved a lot of problems for me and others with scrolling
      >on WinNT+ systems ie.

      Does the mouse drivers make it so your wheel will scroll in the
      Clipbook Library and Outline headings simply by holding the mouse
      over those panes? I all versions of Windows and far back in
      NoteTab I have only been able to get the Clips to scroll when I
      make it double click to execute (Single click ... in Options -
      unchecked) and then click on a Clip. I believe in the Outlines I
      have to click twice on a heading in order to get the scroll/wheel
      working. I think both of those are pretty typical at least for
      the Point22 (MS) and EM_???? (for Logitech) extension drivers
      running from the complaints I receive in support messages. Thanks!

      I've got Fookesability!
      Although at times, no sensibility. <g>
      http://clean-funnies.com

      Jody

      http://sojourner.us/software
      fookes.us, notetab.net
      bwbc.us, sojourner.us
    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2005
        Robert:

        Thanks for the heads up! I think the program was originally done when the
        author was a student and that may be why the old URL went bye-bye. Its too
        good to get lost.

        In addition to fixing up some scrolling problems it also allows you to
        scroll a partially visible background window without having to click on it
        and thereby bring it to the top.

        I feel lost whenever I'm on a machine that isn't running it.

        Regards ... Alec
        --
        ; ( ) { } [ ] \ | 9 0 + = () {} []

        > On 1 Jul 2005 at 20:26, Alec Burgess wrote:
        >
        > > Jim:
        > > I haven't used Terminal Services Client but it *might* help to install
        > > freeware-KatMouse http://eduard.hiti.bei.t-online.de/index.html on the
        > > remote computer.
        >
        > The url given above does not work. A quick Google found this new site for
        > the author: http://kickme.to/katmouse
      • Alec Burgess
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2, 2005
          Jody:

          > Does the mouse drivers make it so your wheel will scroll in the
          > Clipbook Library and Outline headings simply by holding the mouse
          > over those panes? I all versions of Windows and far back in
          > NoteTab I have only been able to get the Clips to scroll when I
          > make it double click to execute (Single click ... in Options -
          > unchecked) and then click on a Clip. I believe in the Outlines I
          > have to click twice on a heading in order to get the scroll/wheel
          > working. I think both of those are pretty typical at least for
          > the Point22 (MS) and EM_???? (for Logitech) extension drivers
          > running from the complaints I receive in support messages. Thanks!

          Just tested - three out of five ain't perfect but its better than nothing
          With KatMouse running and a Logitech cordless mouse:
          KatMouse http://kickme.to/katmouse

          I opened the clipList - F4, put it into split window mode showing an outline
          and and a regular text file and then opened a quickList on the right.

          ie:
          --ClipList--/--OTL-hdrs--/--OTL-Body--/--regular-file--/--QuickList--

          Moving the mouse over the clip list, the OTL-body or the regular file body
          scrolls the one its on top of.

          It does *not* scroll the outline-headers pane or the QuickList by simply
          moving the mouse on top of them.

          However: it seems that ALL but the Outline Header and QuickList will always
          scroll them.
          If you click in the QuickList pane then all but OTL-Header scroll by moving
          on top.
          Similarily: Clicking on OTL-Header makes it and other three scroll, but not
          the QuickList.

          Note: when I disable KatMouse by clicking on its systray icon I get what you
          probably see:
          Click on any one of the five panes and it will scroll no matter what pane
          the mouse is on-top of.

          Note-2: There is another program that *DOES* scroll all five Notetab panes:
          Flywheel
          http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,23737,00.asp
          I used it for a while but find KatMouse more responsive - YMMV :-)
          This program used to shareware but the author apparently decided to make it
          free:
          >>Although this product is no longer supported by the vendor, it does
          require registration. All users can register under the name "I Am Free" with
          the registration number 13601409<<

          I hope you find one or the other useful :-)

          Regards ... Alec
          --
          ; ( ) { } [ ] \ | 9 0 + = () {} []

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 2, 2005
            Hi Alec,

            There's one question in the last paragraph with the off topic
            stuff that you can delete when replying. Oh, we are on the Off
            Topic list. ;) Some chit-chat is allowed, just as a reminder. <g>

            >> Does the mouse drivers make it so your wheel will scroll in the
            >> Clipbook Library and Outline headings simply by holding the mouse
            >> over those panes?

            >Just tested - three out of five ain't perfect but its better than nothing

            Yeppers; for me, I mainly wanted it in the Clips, so I should be
            good to go and a happy camper! :)

            >With KatMouse running and a Logitech cordless mouse: KatMouse
            >http://kickme.to/katmouse

            Downloading shortly...

            >Note-2: There is another program that *DOES* scroll all five
            >Notetab panes: Flywheel
            >http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,23737,00.asp
            >I used it for a while but find KatMouse more responsive - YMMV :-)

            Might give it a try. By less responsive mean like the mouse wheel
            seems to be like "get'n rubber," spinning out, but not going very
            far? Sort of like, "his hamsters home, but the wheel isn't
            spinning," "his elevator doesn't go all the way to the top," "her
            loaf is half baked," "she's a few cans short of a six pack," "a
            couple bananas short of a bunch," "not the sharpest tool in the
            shed."? <bg> ...and I do say that in fun and represent them
            myself sometimes, especially when my two healthy brain cells get
            arguing about which one is right! ;)

            See ya in the funnies!

            http://www.clean-funnies.com

            you missed a good joke! 8?D