Re: [NTB] Mouse Wheel over Terminal Services Client

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2005
      Jim:

      I haven't used Terminal Services Client but it *might* help to install
      freeware-KatMouse http://eduard.hiti.bei.t-online.de/index.html on the
      remote computer.

      This program has solved a lot of problems for me and others with scrolling
      on WinNT+ systems ie. not Win9x. Try installing it first locally to make
      sure Notetab scrolling still works on your system - I'm sure it will, and
      then try it on the remote system.

      Note: I've cc'd this to the Notetab-Offtopic-List and replied to you via
      your email addy.
      If this works - not really very likely, could you post confirmation there?

      Regards ... Alec
      --
      ; ( ) { } [ ] \ | 9 0 + = () {} []

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2005
        On 1 Jul 2005 at 20:26, Alec Burgess wrote:

        > Jim:
        > I haven't used Terminal Services Client but it *might* help to install
        > freeware-KatMouse http://eduard.hiti.bei.t-online.de/index.html on the
        > remote computer.

        The url given above does not work. A quick Google found this new site for
        the author: http://kickme.to/katmouse

        --
        Robert

        http://www.geekcode.com/geek.html
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1, 2005
          Hi Alec,

          >I haven't used Terminal Services Client but it *might* help to install
          >freeware-KatMouse http://eduard.hiti.bei.t-online.de/index.html on the
          >remote computer.
          >
          >This program has solved a lot of problems for me and others with scrolling
          >on WinNT+ systems ie.

          Does the mouse drivers make it so your wheel will scroll in the
          Clipbook Library and Outline headings simply by holding the mouse
          over those panes? I all versions of Windows and far back in
          NoteTab I have only been able to get the Clips to scroll when I
          make it double click to execute (Single click ... in Options -
          unchecked) and then click on a Clip. I believe in the Outlines I
          have to click twice on a heading in order to get the scroll/wheel
          working. I think both of those are pretty typical at least for
          the Point22 (MS) and EM_???? (for Logitech) extension drivers
          running from the complaints I receive in support messages. Thanks!

          I've got Fookesability!
          Although at times, no sensibility. <g>
          http://clean-funnies.com

          Jody

          http://sojourner.us/software
          fookes.us, notetab.net
          bwbc.us, sojourner.us
        • Alec Burgess
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 1, 2005
            Robert:

            Thanks for the heads up! I think the program was originally done when the
            author was a student and that may be why the old URL went bye-bye. Its too
            good to get lost.

            In addition to fixing up some scrolling problems it also allows you to
            scroll a partially visible background window without having to click on it
            and thereby bring it to the top.

            I feel lost whenever I'm on a machine that isn't running it.

            Regards ... Alec
            --
            ; ( ) { } [ ] \ | 9 0 + = () {} []

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 2, 2005
              Jody:

              > Does the mouse drivers make it so your wheel will scroll in the
              > Clipbook Library and Outline headings simply by holding the mouse
              > over those panes? I all versions of Windows and far back in
              > NoteTab I have only been able to get the Clips to scroll when I
              > make it double click to execute (Single click ... in Options -
              > unchecked) and then click on a Clip. I believe in the Outlines I
              > have to click twice on a heading in order to get the scroll/wheel
              > working. I think both of those are pretty typical at least for
              > the Point22 (MS) and EM_???? (for Logitech) extension drivers
              > running from the complaints I receive in support messages. Thanks!

              Just tested - three out of five ain't perfect but its better than nothing
              With KatMouse running and a Logitech cordless mouse:
              KatMouse http://kickme.to/katmouse

              I opened the clipList - F4, put it into split window mode showing an outline
              and and a regular text file and then opened a quickList on the right.

              ie:
              --ClipList--/--OTL-hdrs--/--OTL-Body--/--regular-file--/--QuickList--

              Moving the mouse over the clip list, the OTL-body or the regular file body
              scrolls the one its on top of.

              It does *not* scroll the outline-headers pane or the QuickList by simply
              moving the mouse on top of them.

              However: it seems that ALL but the Outline Header and QuickList will always
              scroll them.
              If you click in the QuickList pane then all but OTL-Header scroll by moving
              on top.
              Similarily: Clicking on OTL-Header makes it and other three scroll, but not
              the QuickList.

              Note: when I disable KatMouse by clicking on its systray icon I get what you
              probably see:
              Click on any one of the five panes and it will scroll no matter what pane
              the mouse is on-top of.

              Note-2: There is another program that *DOES* scroll all five Notetab panes:
              Flywheel
              http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,23737,00.asp
              I used it for a while but find KatMouse more responsive - YMMV :-)
              This program used to shareware but the author apparently decided to make it
              free:
              >>Although this product is no longer supported by the vendor, it does
              require registration. All users can register under the name "I Am Free" with
              the registration number 13601409<<

              I hope you find one or the other useful :-)

              Regards ... Alec
              --
              ; ( ) { } [ ] \ | 9 0 + = () {} []

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 2, 2005
                Hi Alec,

                There's one question in the last paragraph with the off topic
                stuff that you can delete when replying. Oh, we are on the Off
                Topic list. ;) Some chit-chat is allowed, just as a reminder. <g>

                >> Does the mouse drivers make it so your wheel will scroll in the
                >> Clipbook Library and Outline headings simply by holding the mouse
                >> over those panes?

                >Just tested - three out of five ain't perfect but its better than nothing

                Yeppers; for me, I mainly wanted it in the Clips, so I should be
                good to go and a happy camper! :)

                >With KatMouse running and a Logitech cordless mouse: KatMouse
                >http://kickme.to/katmouse

                Downloading shortly...

                >Note-2: There is another program that *DOES* scroll all five
                >Notetab panes: Flywheel
                >http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,23737,00.asp
                >I used it for a while but find KatMouse more responsive - YMMV :-)

                Might give it a try. By less responsive mean like the mouse wheel
                seems to be like "get'n rubber," spinning out, but not going very
                far? Sort of like, "his hamsters home, but the wheel isn't
                spinning," "his elevator doesn't go all the way to the top," "her
                loaf is half baked," "she's a few cans short of a six pack," "a
                couple bananas short of a bunch," "not the sharpest tool in the
                shed."? <bg> ...and I do say that in fun and represent them
                myself sometimes, especially when my two healthy brain cells get
                arguing about which one is right! ;)

                See ya in the funnies!

                http://www.clean-funnies.com

                you missed a good joke! 8?D