Memories ... was - [Clip] Re: clip to delete a sentence

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 15, 2005
      Michael:

      > when I worked on VMS and the native
      > programmable text editor was called TPU.

      That takes me back ... The PF1,2,3,4 keys aks GOLD,SILVER,BLUE,?

      I spent months developing my personal editor using TPU bit by bit and
      assigning obscure combos of GOLD + whatever ... that would do just about
      anything I wanted, not to mention the joys of VAX/VMS command scripting etc.
      etc.

      I still like the paradigm of hit function key and wait for next key as
      opposed to windows hit ctrl, alt, shift combos simultaneously with next key.

      TPU and Clips language were probably similar in power and abstraction but
      even 25 years later still no *easy* way to assign clips to shortcut combos
      ... ah well ... roll on Notetab v5 :-)

      Regards ... Alec
      --
      ; ( ) { } [ ] \ | 9 0 + = () {} []

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 16, 2005
        Alec Burgess wrote:
        >That takes me back ... The PF1,2,3,4 keys aks GOLD,SILVER,BLUE,?
        >
        >I spent months developing my personal editor using TPU bit by bit and
        >assigning obscure combos of GOLD + whatever ... that would do just about
        >anything I wanted, not to mention the joys of VAX/VMS command scripting etc.
        >etc.

        Boy, you guys are soooo OLD! ;-))

        I searched for TPU and happened to find an interesting site about text
        editors. Thought I would share.
        <http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/encyclopedia/t/te/text_editor.htm>

        Lotta (12½)