Re: [NTO] Open Save in Detail View (was cons drive me crazy)

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2005
      Ray:

      My memory must have been faulty wrt the MSKB article.

      I had thought that the View mode was *supposed* to be related to equivalent
      settings in Windows Explorer and that there was something special that could
      be keyed/clicked to restore that when lost. Looks like I was mistaken :-(

      I've been using an Open-Save dialog extender utility for several years:
      File-Ex http://www.cottonwoodsw.com

      It has an explicit option to force Open-Save dialogs to open in Details-View
      plus a host of other features: Favorites and Recently used folder and file
      selection dropdowns by Application and Globally.

      I can't imagine using Windows without this feature!

      Regards ... Alec
      --