Re: [NTO] Windows Appearance Default Settings?

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 13, 2005
      Hi hsavage,

      Thanks! Dummy me! Once you mentioned "theme" and a name I said duh!
      I never saved it, so all I needed to do was click in/out (or eventually
      would have had it back when I rebooted). Sorry for the trouble.

      > > The settings at Desktop | right click | Properties | Appearance |
      >Advanced...
      > >
      > > Is there an easy way to get the default settings back?
      >
      >I'm assuming XP, the process is slightly different on older OSes.
      >Try - right click | Properties
      >Select a different theme from the drop-down list.
      >
      >Your original theme should be listed and there should be another theme
      >with the original name plus a (Modified) suffix, pick the one without
      >the suffix.
      >
      >OR - Try - right click | Properties | Appearance | Windows and buttons
      >OR - Try - right click | Properties | Appearance | Color scheme
      >With these 2 you should be able to get back to the original, if not, Sorry.

      Take care,
      Jody Adair

      and even thou doest err some! ;)
      http://clean-funnies.com
      http://notetab.net, http://fookes.us
    • Larry Hamilton
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 13, 2005
        Jody,

        I just reloaded Windows and Linux with clean installs and all the
        defaults are back. ;-)

        --
        Larry Hamilton
        Kairos Computer Solutions