Re: [NTO] Windows Appearance Default Settings?

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 13, 2005
      Jody wrote:
      > Hi All,
      >
      > The settings at Desktop | right click | Properties | Appearance |
      Advanced...

      > Is there an easy way to get the default settings back?
      >
      > I clicked on a few to many and now cannot get it back to the default. <g>
      > No biggie, but I would like to reset it if possible with a few clicks.
      > I'll leave where I have it if I have to take more than a few steps. ;)
      >
      > Take care,
      > Jody Adair

      Jody,

      I'm assuming XP, the process is slightly different on older OSes.
      Try - right click | Properties
      Select a different theme from the drop-down list.

      Your original theme should be listed and there should be another theme
      with the original name plus a (Modified) suffix, pick the one without
      the suffix.

      OR - Try - right click | Properties | Appearance | Windows and buttons

      OR - Try - right click | Properties | Appearance | Color scheme

      With these 2 you should be able to get back to the original, if not, Sorry.

      ºvº
      05.06.13
      hrs > hsavage@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 13, 2005
        Hi hsavage,

        Thanks! Dummy me! Once you mentioned "theme" and a name I said duh!
        I never saved it, so all I needed to do was click in/out (or eventually
        would have had it back when I rebooted). Sorry for the trouble.

        > > The settings at Desktop | right click | Properties | Appearance |
        >Advanced...
        > >
        > > Is there an easy way to get the default settings back?
        >
        >I'm assuming XP, the process is slightly different on older OSes.
        >Try - right click | Properties
        >Select a different theme from the drop-down list.
        >
        >Your original theme should be listed and there should be another theme
        >with the original name plus a (Modified) suffix, pick the one without
        >the suffix.
        >
        >OR - Try - right click | Properties | Appearance | Windows and buttons
        >OR - Try - right click | Properties | Appearance | Color scheme
        >With these 2 you should be able to get back to the original, if not, Sorry.

        Take care,
        Jody Adair

        and even thou doest err some! ;)
        http://clean-funnies.com
        http://notetab.net, http://fookes.us
      • Larry Hamilton
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 13, 2005
          Jody,

          I just reloaded Windows and Linux with clean installs and all the
          defaults are back. ;-)

          --
          Larry Hamilton
          Kairos Computer Solutions