Windows Appearance Default Settings?

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 13, 2005
      Hi All,

      The settings at Desktop | right click | Properties | Appearance | Advanced...

      Is there an easy way to get the default settings back?

      I clicked on a few to many and now cannot get it back to the default. <g>
      No biggie, but I would like to reset it if possible with a few clicks.
      I'll leave where I have it if I have to take more than a few steps. ;)

      Take care,
      Jody Adair

      and even thou doest err some! ;)
      http://clean-funnies.com
      http://notetab.net, http://fookes.us
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 13, 2005
        Jody wrote:
        > Hi All,
        >
        > The settings at Desktop | right click | Properties | Appearance |
        Advanced...

        > Is there an easy way to get the default settings back?
        >
        > I clicked on a few to many and now cannot get it back to the default. <g>
        > No biggie, but I would like to reset it if possible with a few clicks.
        > I'll leave where I have it if I have to take more than a few steps. ;)
        >
        > Take care,
        > Jody Adair

        Jody,

        I'm assuming XP, the process is slightly different on older OSes.
        Try - right click | Properties
        Select a different theme from the drop-down list.

        Your original theme should be listed and there should be another theme
        with the original name plus a (Modified) suffix, pick the one without
        the suffix.

        OR - Try - right click | Properties | Appearance | Windows and buttons

        OR - Try - right click | Properties | Appearance | Color scheme

        With these 2 you should be able to get back to the original, if not, Sorry.

        ºvº
        05.06.13
        hrs > hsavage@...
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 13, 2005
          Hi hsavage,

          Thanks! Dummy me! Once you mentioned "theme" and a name I said duh!
          I never saved it, so all I needed to do was click in/out (or eventually
          would have had it back when I rebooted). Sorry for the trouble.

          > > The settings at Desktop | right click | Properties | Appearance |
          >Advanced...
          > >
          > > Is there an easy way to get the default settings back?
          >
          >I'm assuming XP, the process is slightly different on older OSes.
          >Try - right click | Properties
          >Select a different theme from the drop-down list.
          >
          >Your original theme should be listed and there should be another theme
          >with the original name plus a (Modified) suffix, pick the one without
          >the suffix.
          >
          >OR - Try - right click | Properties | Appearance | Windows and buttons
          >OR - Try - right click | Properties | Appearance | Color scheme
          >With these 2 you should be able to get back to the original, if not, Sorry.

          Take care,
          Jody Adair

          and even thou doest err some! ;)
          http://clean-funnies.com
          http://notetab.net, http://fookes.us
        • Larry Hamilton
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 13, 2005
            Jody,

            I just reloaded Windows and Linux with clean installs and all the
            defaults are back. ;-)

            --
            Larry Hamilton
            Kairos Computer Solutions