Re: Gmail archive - was: [Clip] NoteTab and CVS

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2005
      Don:

      > Sure, we have written many clips (I say we, it wasn't my idea) that do
      > just this. I can try to find one. One of my problems is going back and
      > finding them as yahoo groups only allows you to search a few messages at
      > a time.

      > Some have archives that are searchable of all messages. I hate
      > to burn the disk space myself so I haven't gone that route, but maybe I
      > should.

      I know this should go to OFF-TOPIC but ...

      A few months ago I had problems with Yahoo putting me on hard-bounce every
      time my ISP would send a bounce message when an attachment (from other
      groups) was of a type they didn't like - EXE, JS, etc.

      Anyway, I switched all my yahoo groups so the email was sent to my gmail
      account and set the gmail account so it would forward all received mail to
      my "normal" POP3 account.

      As a result I've been painlessly accumulating archives of all the yahoo
      groups I subscribe to which are searchable with normal "google" syntax. It
      works great. I'd recommend it to everyone!

      Regards ... Alec
      --