Re: [NTO] Need Reg Exp

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2005
      Hi Mike,

      Don't have Reg Exp ;)

      <--- Copy below this line --->
      H=Join Non-Paragraphs
      ; eMailed on 06-01-2005, ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, Jody
      ; http://www.fookes.us http://www.sojourner.us/software)
      ; notetab.net, clean-funnies.com, fookes.us, sojourner.us

      ; This assumes you do not have like lists in the
      ; paragraphs that you do not want joined like
      ; 1. This assumes...
      ; 2. This assumes...
      ; 3. This assumes...
      ; You could use ^!Skip and stop at every selection and
      ; only join the paragraphs you see are OK to join.

      ^!SetHintInfo Working...
      ^!SetScreenUpdate Off

      :Loop
      ^!Find "^p " S
      ^!IfError End
      ^!Jump Select_End
      ^!Set %Start%=^$GetRow$:^$GetCol$
      ^!Find "^p " S
      ^!Jump Select_Start
      ^!SelectTo ^%Start%
      ^!Replace "^p" >> " " HAS
      ^!Goto Loop

      <--- Copy above this line --->
      <--- Right click over a Library --->
      <--- Choose: Add from Clipboard --->

      >I have a book saved in ".txt" format. It will be about 150 pages when
      >printed.
      >
      >My problem is that each line of the book has a hard coded EOL. There are
      >also EOL characters between sections, after headers, etc.
      >
      >The EOL characters at the end of lines within paragraphs need to be removed
      >so I can print the book without choppy lines of copy.
      >
      >The first line of each paragraph of straight text has three spaces of
      >indentation.
      >
      >How can I remove the EOL characters which are NOT followed by three spaces
      >without removing the rest?
      >
      > IF ( <EOL> AND NOT <EOL + ^Sp^Sp^Sp> ) THEN set EOL == <^Sp>;

      http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
    • Hugo Paulissen
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2005

        > How can I remove the EOL characters which are NOT followed by three
        spaces
        > without removing the rest?
        >
        > IF ( <EOL> AND NOT <EOL + ^Sp^Sp^Sp> ) THEN set EOL ==
        <^Sp>;

        > Thanks, Folks
        >
        > Mike Hopkins
        > ironmike (AT) inav.net

        Mike,

        You could try it with

        \n{[^\s][^\s][^\s]} in the find box

        and

        \n\1 in the replace box

        Test it first with a copy of your file, I only tested it on a a
        couiple of lines...

        Explanation:
        \n = newline

        {everything in brackets} = restored by inserting \1 in the replace box

        [^\s] = any character but no space

        Hugo
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2005
          Hi Mike,

          >The first line of each paragraph of straight text has three
          >spaces of indentation.
          >
          >How can I remove the EOL characters which are NOT followed by
          >three spaces without removing the rest?

          You can also do it with ^!Toolbar Join Lines instead of the
          ^!Replace below. Clips are normally much faster than RegExp, even
          though they take longer to write. In the one below though I just
          click on a button on my Tools Clipbar and it inserts the
          following into the document, so it is a matter of just typing in
          a few things.

          My "template" in which the cursor ends up in the first ^!Find
          between the quotes:

          :Loop
          ^!Find "CURSOR IS HERE" S
          ^!IfError End
          ^!Jump Select_
          ^!Set %Start%=^$GetRow$:^$GetCol$
          ^!Find "" S
          ^!Jump Select_
          ^!SelectTo ^%Start%
          ^!Goto Loop

          H=Join Non-Paragraphs
          ; Using Join Lines instead of Replace
          ; Optional Skip
          ^!SetHintInfo Working...
          ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
          :Loop
          ^!Find "^p " S
          ^!IfError End
          ^!Jump Select_End
          ^!Set %Start%=^$GetRow$:^$GetCol$
          ^!Find "^p " S
          ^!Jump Select_Start
          ^!SelectTo ^%Start%
          ; ^!Skip Skip this joining the lines of this selection?
          ^!Toolbar Join Lines
          ; ^!Replace "^p" >> " " SAH
          ^!Goto Loop

          Happy Clip'n!

        • Mike Hopkins
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 1, 2005
            > >How can I remove the EOL characters which are NOT followed by
            > >three spaces without removing the rest?
            >
            > You can also do it with ^!Toolbar Join Lines instead of the
            > ^!Replace below. Clips are normally much faster than RegExp, even
            > though they take longer to write. In the one below though I just
            > click on a button on my Tools Clipbar and it inserts the
            > following into the document, so it is a matter of just typing in
            > a few things.
            >
            > My "template" in which the cursor ends up in the first ^!Find
            > between the quotes:
            >
            > :Loop
            > ^!Find "CURSOR IS HERE" S
            > ^!IfError End
            > ^!Jump Select_
            > ^!Set %Start%=^$GetRow$:^$GetCol$
            > ^!Find "" S
            > ^!Jump Select_
            > ^!SelectTo ^%Start%
            > ^!Goto Loop
            >

            > H=Join Non-Paragraphs
            > ; Using Join Lines instead of Replace
            > ; Optional Skip
            > ^!SetHintInfo Working...
            > ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
            > :Loop
            > ^!Find "^p " S
            > ^!IfError End
            > ^!Jump Select_End
            > ^!Set %Start%=^$GetRow$:^$GetCol$
            > ^!Find "^p " S
            > ^!Jump Select_Start
            > ^!SelectTo ^%Start%
            > ; ^!Skip Skip this joining the lines of this selection?
            > ^!Toolbar Join Lines
            > ; ^!Replace "^p" >> " " SAH
            > ^!Goto Loop

            Thanks, Jody. I will try this tomorrow when I get home from (night shift)
            work.

            Mike