Re: [NTO] Monitor problem

  • David Smart
    Message 1 of 6 , May 31 4:01 PM
      From my own comparison shopping recently, it is now cheaper to buy a new 17" monitor than to have one repaired. If your monitor is bigger than this, it may well be cheaper to repair than replace, but for this size or smaller, expect to replace.

      If you do want to look at repair, make sure you get a firm quote before leaving the monitor.

      Dave S

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 9, 2005
        HRS, John, David,

        > You should probably start comparing prices!

        Thanks for your comments about my monitor. I did have a look, and
        decided to wait until the monitor really died...

        But I also asked the system-administrator at work if he had a spare
        monitor (we are switching to TFT-screens now); guess what? I got an
        Iiyama 17 inch CRT. What a fine picture! The quality (compared with my
        Dell) is much better: even my wife spotted the difference instantly!

        Thanks,

        Hugo
      • Don - htmlfixit.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 9, 2005
          > But I also asked the system-administrator at work if he had a spare
          > monitor (we are switching to TFT-screens now); guess what? I got an
          > Iiyama 17 inch CRT. What a fine picture! The quality (compared with my
          > Dell) is much better: even my wife spotted the difference instantly!
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Hugo

          a bunch of us might put in a day or two working there if it would net us
          out that well