Re: [NTO] Simple mistake huge consequence

  • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
    Message 1 of 4 , May 10, 2005
      Many thanks for the answers. The problem is that there seem to be no options other than F2
      and F12. Does a floppy disk have to go in as well? There are a series of options on a menu
      (I'm writing blind here because the computer is obviously not this one) but nothing by which a
      screen appears where even a DOS file management operation can take place. There is a
      Dell progress bar that reaches the end, and then goes from near the end to the end again,
      and again, with only F2 and F12 offered (and which must be pressed as this bar
      progresses).

      I'll study answers already offered. Any further comments given what I have just written would
      be very welcome. I brought the computer here (22 miles), but he has the CD (so afraid of
      losing files if the CD was used) and perhaps I should have had that with me regardless.

      Adrian Worsfold

      http://www.pluralist.co.uk
    • Alan C
      Message 2 of 4 , May 10, 2005
        Options that are set in the bios is what controls what and/or where
        (which media, disk etc. and in what order) the computer can boot from.
        I'm unfamiliar with the specifics of what Dell does or sets.

        I just tried biefly to find some Dell Country (unless it's Dell City)
        specific sorts of things. I found a forum amongst others.

        http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums

        http://support.dell.com/

        http://www.google.com/search?q=dell+support&sourceid=mozilla&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8