Simple mistake huge consequence

  • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
    Message 1 of 1 , May 10, 2005
      A friend has this problem. At start up or close down of Windows XP c:\widndows\system32
      \autoexec.nt keeps disappearing. I know this because I wrote it out and files needing it
      worked - until he started again. Fortunately the text file that made autoexec.nt was saved,
      and a copy and rename bought some programs back to life again.

      Something kept losing this file, and in a movement of madness c:\ntdetect.com was moved
      to the recycle bin, to get it back if there was no improvement. Now the computer does not
      start at all. The only options the Dell computer gives is F2 or F12 which can do nothing to
      take the file from the recycle bin to the c drive directory.

      He fears losing important content in the computer like work files and a large gallery. What
      can be done?

      Adrian Worsfold

      http://www.pluralist.co.uk