Re: [NTO] OS ME

  • Edward Brown
    Message 1 of 5 , May 5, 2005
      Brian and Jeffery,
      I am working on your suggestions now. I did download the Wizmo.exe but cannot get a short cut made. Everytime I type C: I am told I cannot use a colon. So far the time being I am stymied there. But I am looking at other things you both suggested.
      Ed
      Message 2 of 5 , May 6, 2005
        Gotcha. You could always try to paste it into the Windows folder and
        then right-click and hit "Send to Desktop (as shortcut).

        After it makes the shortcut, put in "quiet shutdown!" in the
        parameters section or after the exe itself in the target field. I can
        include some screenies, but not on Me because I don't use it. :(

        Or after you paste it in the Windows folder, copy and paste this next
        line into the RUN command from the start menu.

        wizmo.exe quiet shutdown! or
        wizmo.exe quiet exit!

        See if either works for you.