Re: [NTO] Re: Firefox help ... again

  • Brian Binder
    Message 1 of 81 , May 3 2:37 PM
      Weird. I can get into it by hitting the link from email. Here's the
      direct link to the file:
      http://johnhaller.com/jh/mozilla/portable_firefox/download.asp?file=portable_firefox_10.zip

      And here's a mirror on my site:
      http://www.bndservices.com/notetab/portable_firefox_10.zip

      Lemme know if you have any problems with the site(s). Hopefully the
      mirror will help out if you can't access the initial site.

      Christine wrote:

      > Brian,
      > I can't get into the JohnHaller site, neither as is, nor adding a www.
      > Can you check the link for me?
      > Thanks,
      > Christine

    • Larry Hamilton
      Message 81 of 81 , Jul 11, 2005
        Christine,

        The Firefox release notes have some good information:

        http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/releases/1.0.4.html

        The profile folder is located on these versions of Windows, by default
        (It can be specified at another location):

        Windows 2000, XP Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application
        Data\Mozilla\Firefox
        Windows NT WINNT\Profiles\<UserName>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox
        Windows 98, ME Windows\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox

        There is a profiles.ini, and pluginreg.dat and the directory with a
        "salted" name for each user in the Firefox directory as listed above.

        When you re-install Firefox, just copy the profile folder to the desired
        location, and you should be good to go.

        Larry Hamilton
        Kairos Computer Solutions
        http://www.kairoscomputers.com/