Re: Symantec AntiVirus Updates

  • John Zeman
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2005
      This isn't what you asked, but along the same lines if you go to:

      You can download the latest Norton AntiVirus definitions, save it to a flash drive or CD, then take it to each machine you have with Norton AntiVirus to update them all. It does not update the program, only the virus definitions.

      Note that this may not be practical for dial-up accounts as it's about a 7 mb file to download each time. Also note that in order for the updates to work, you must have a valid version of Norton AV installed. In other words, if you try to update the definitions in an expired Norton AntiVirus program, it won't let you do it.

      John