Windows XP Pro Temp folder

  • Mordechai
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 26, 2005
      Hello,
      Recently I have noticed my C:\ partition is almost full (I even got some warning message about this).
      Started with the disk clean-up tools, and even cleaned the restore files (except the last one), but still it was not enough.

      So I started looking into each folder and in the "Windows" folder there is a "temp" sub-folder, there I found so many .tmp files (swfxyz.tmp) with sizes starting about 100KB up to 9.7MB, with different creation dates,
      some even a year ago. In this case I ended with 1.700 files = 1.34GB!
      I do not know how and what created these files and why they were not deleted when the reason that created them was closed / gone.

      Temporarily I moved them all into a temporary folder on some other partition (just in case...), it seems that my C:\ drive 'moves faster', and I have not noticed yet anything wrong with my "Windows".

      Note: This folder was not even on the list of the "disk cleaning tool".

      I will appreciate your help about this issue - how do I eliminate the creation of such files, or how get rid of them - not manually as I described above.

      Thanks.
      Mordechai M.
      airflow@...