Re: [NTO] centering problem

  • Barry
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 10, 2005
      Thanks Adrian I did that and the PDF file showed the page all over the place
      and nothing was in the right order either. I have a feeling in my water
      that the best way to proceed and correct the problem is to start again from
      scratch and do the job properly. <<sigh>> They do say that a little
      knowledge is dangerous.

      Barry

      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 10, 2005
        Hi Barry:

        you can go to my webpage and right click on it select view source save it to
        your harddisk then open it with notetab .... and put your info in as you
        like just do not link to my stylesheet you can download the .tss file and
        use it but use it from your site.

        http://www.abibleverse4you.com/index.html

        Bill Scott

      • Barry
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 10, 2005
          Thank you Bill I might well do that.

          Take care Barry UK

          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 10, 2005
            Hi Barry that is how I learned to write html by playing with things to see
            how they respond, that page has pictures and sound and a table ... most
            people do not like sound but .... fun to play with, I do not know how much
            you know so will expand what I did to teach myself ... Notetab lets you try
            a webpage from your hard disk just save the original using the .html or .htm
            extension the view source file will have name[1].txt extension which will
            not display a webpage just the text i.e. html code i.e. if you want it to
            display as a webpage change the extention to .htm any .txt file will display
            as a webpage if you change it to .htm ... make some changes from your copy
            and click on the blue ball in notetab ... this will launch the webpage and
            show your changes ... also there are allot of free html clips on
            www.notetab.com website .. they help you allot ... You could also comment
            out anything you do not want <! not wanted code > I hope this will help .
            Thanks for the tip about scottie ....

            Bill Scott
            http://www.abibleverse4you.com/goodtest.htm

            > you can go to my webpage and right click on it select view source save
            it
            > your harddisk then open it with notetab .... and put your info in as
            you
            > like just do not link to my stylesheet you can download the .tss file
            and
            > use it but use it from your site.
            >
            > http://www.abibleverse4you.com/index.html
            >
            > Bill Scott

          • Edward Brown
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 10, 2005
              Barry,
              Did you write you web page using MS Word and convert it to HTML?
              Ed
              > you can go to my webpage and right click on it select view source save it
              > your harddisk then open it with notetab .... and put your info in as you
              > like just do not link to my stylesheet you can download the .tss file and
              > use it but use it from your site.
              >
              > http://www.abibleverse4you.com/index.html
              >
              > Bill Scott

              Virus Database (VPS): 0514-3, 04/10/2005
              Tested on: 4/10/2005 11:50:59 AM

              ---
              Virus Database (VPS): 0514-3, 04/10/2005
              Tested on: 4/10/2005 11:53:00 AM

            • Barry
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 10, 2005
                Thanks for the help Ed. I shall get it sorted eventually as sure as I'm
                riding this donkey!!

                Barry

                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 10, 2005
                  Yes Ed I did and I simply forgot to include "align=center" before adding
                  Word Art. Shan't do it again that's for sure.

                  Take care Barry UK

                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 10, 2005
                    Hi Bill I'm learning something new everyday about website design and HTML
                    codes etc. I don't think that I'll ever become an expert but as long as I
                    can get by, it'll suffice for now anyway.

                    Take care Barry UK

                    > Hi Barry that is how I learned to write html by playing with things to see
                    > how they respond, that page has pictures and sound and a table ... most
                    > people do not like sound but .... fun to play with, I do not know how much
                    > you know so will expand what I did to teach myself ... Notetab lets you
                    try
                    > a webpage from your hard disk just save the original using the .html or
                    .htm
                    > extension the view source file will have name[1].txt extension which will
                    > not display a webpage just the text i.e. html code i.e. if you want it to
                    > display as a webpage change the extention to .htm any .txt file will
                    display
                    > as a webpage if you change it to .htm ... make some changes from your copy
                    > and click on the blue ball in notetab ... this will launch the webpage and
                    > show your changes ... also there are allot of free html clips on
                    > www.notetab.com website .. they help you allot ... You could also comment
                    > out anything you do not want <! not wanted code > I hope this will help .
                    > Thanks for the tip about scottie ....
                    >
                    > Bill Scott
                  • Bill Scott
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 11, 2005
                      No I used Notetab Pro
                      Did you write you web page using MS Word and convert it to HTML?
                      Ed
                      > you can go to my webpage and right click on it select view source save
                      it
                      > your harddisk then open it with notetab .... and put your info in as
                      you
                      > like just do not link to my stylesheet you can download the .tss file
                      and
                      > use it but use it from your site.
                      >
                      > http://www.abibleverse4you.com/index.html
                      >
                      > Bill Scott