Re: [NTO] PC power supply dead?

  • Jeff Scism
    Message 1 of 34 , Apr 9, 2005
      One of the reasons I left AOL was because they have built in internet
      filtering, even of email. I do genealogy and I found that "key words" in
      the filters were things like Boy, sex, child, address, etc. things
      VERY commonly used in genealogy.

      AOL uses "proximity" filtering, and sometimes the real stuff gets
      through and the stuff I want to see never does.

      So I went to another provider, and sure enough AOL bought them, so I
      move again. NOW I hear last night that Time-warner who is the parent of
      AOL just joined with Comcast and they have bought Adelphia.

      I guess I will have AOL again soon. Unfortunately Adelphia is the only
      high-speed option here.
      ~~

      Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG

      "The past remains, reminding us that we are humanity - and inspiring
      greatness."

      S250 DNA Project
      Crawley DNA Project
      Montgomery County Indiana USGenWeb site
    • Barry
      Message 34 of 34 , Apr 9, 2005
        All ISPs have a 'whitelist' and whatever they agree to put on it is allowed
        access through their servers. A number of people in a forum that I write to
        are AOL members and my mail was originally classified as spam until their
        addresses, at my request, were added to the AOL whitelist. It's a pain I
        know but a way to circumvent the system.

        Take care Barry UK