Re: [NTO] centering problem

  • Barry
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 9, 2005
      Thanks for trying to help Ed and that validator site is an excellent tool if
      only I had sufficient knowledge of HTML coding to understand it all. I've
      been looking for Width="100%" but that appears to be absent in relation to
      the errant text. Whereabouts should I insert Width="100%"

      Thanks Barry

      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 9, 2005
        Make a PDF file - this will solve it. You can even do it in HTML, look at the print preview, and
        what you get everyone will get.

        Adrian Worsfold

        http://www.pluralist.co.uk
      • Edward Brown
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 9, 2005
          I don't know where you are exactly. But here is one place I use it. table align="center" width="100%" and you might want to make your td's if a certain width. Anywhere you specify width="some number" change it to percent. Go over and join the Cightml list. http://www.mcfedries.com/CreatingAWebPage/mailing-list.asp Or go to http://htmlfixit.com/tools.php and you will find excellent help. Just tell them where you are in learning html and exactly what is happening and give them your webpage url and they will look at it and give you lots of helpful insight and repairs. Eventually you can understand Wc3's validator. This is what they do and what they are really good at doing. Do you use CSS? That is where we are going now.
          Ed

          > I am not Jody, but if you go to this address it will inform you if you
          have anything wrong in your code, assuming most of your web page is in
          compliance with W3C. Once it is in compliance most all browsers should see
          the same thing. Of course I am sure you have made the with of your pages in
          % like Width="100%" or whatever width you would like. If you use NoteTab
          Light you can easily set your pages up so they will be easy to validate and
          for browser to see them the same way.
          > Ed
          > http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

          Virus Database (VPS): 0514-2, 04/08/2005
          Tested on: 4/9/2005 2:53:56 PM

          ---
          Virus Database (VPS): 0514-2, 04/08/2005
          Tested on: 4/9/2005 7:42:06 PM

        • Barry
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 10, 2005
            Thanks Adrian I did that and the PDF file showed the page all over the place
            and nothing was in the right order either. I have a feeling in my water
            that the best way to proceed and correct the problem is to start again from
            scratch and do the job properly. <<sigh>> They do say that a little
            knowledge is dangerous.

            Barry

            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 10, 2005
              Hi Barry:

              you can go to my webpage and right click on it select view source save it to
              your harddisk then open it with notetab .... and put your info in as you
              like just do not link to my stylesheet you can download the .tss file and
              use it but use it from your site.

              http://www.abibleverse4you.com/index.html

              Bill Scott

            • Barry
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 10, 2005
                Thank you Bill I might well do that.

                Take care Barry UK

                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 10, 2005
                  Hi Barry that is how I learned to write html by playing with things to see
                  how they respond, that page has pictures and sound and a table ... most
                  people do not like sound but .... fun to play with, I do not know how much
                  you know so will expand what I did to teach myself ... Notetab lets you try
                  a webpage from your hard disk just save the original using the .html or .htm
                  extension the view source file will have name[1].txt extension which will
                  not display a webpage just the text i.e. html code i.e. if you want it to
                  display as a webpage change the extention to .htm any .txt file will display
                  as a webpage if you change it to .htm ... make some changes from your copy
                  and click on the blue ball in notetab ... this will launch the webpage and
                  show your changes ... also there are allot of free html clips on
                  www.notetab.com website .. they help you allot ... You could also comment
                  out anything you do not want <! not wanted code > I hope this will help .
                  Thanks for the tip about scottie ....

                  Bill Scott
                  http://www.abibleverse4you.com/goodtest.htm

                  > you can go to my webpage and right click on it select view source save
                  it
                  > your harddisk then open it with notetab .... and put your info in as
                  you
                  > like just do not link to my stylesheet you can download the .tss file
                  and
                  > use it but use it from your site.
                  >
                  > http://www.abibleverse4you.com/index.html
                  >
                  > Bill Scott

                • Edward Brown
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 10, 2005
                    Barry,
                    Did you write you web page using MS Word and convert it to HTML?
                    Ed
                    > you can go to my webpage and right click on it select view source save it
                    > your harddisk then open it with notetab .... and put your info in as you
                    > like just do not link to my stylesheet you can download the .tss file and
                    > use it but use it from your site.
                    >
                    > http://www.abibleverse4you.com/index.html
                    >
                    > Bill Scott

                    Virus Database (VPS): 0514-3, 04/10/2005
                    Tested on: 4/10/2005 11:50:59 AM

                    ---
                    Virus Database (VPS): 0514-3, 04/10/2005
                    Tested on: 4/10/2005 11:53:00 AM

                  • Barry
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 10, 2005
                      Thanks for the help Ed. I shall get it sorted eventually as sure as I'm
                      riding this donkey!!

                      Barry

                      > I don't know where you are exactly. But here is one place I use it. table
                      align="center" width="100%" and you might want to make your td's if a
                      certain width. Anywhere you specify width="some number" change it to
                      percent. Go over and join the Cightml list.
                      http://htmlfixit.com/tools.php and you will find excellent help. Just tell
                      them where you are in learning html and exactly what is happening and give
                      them your webpage url and they will look at it and give you lots of helpful
                      insight and repairs. Eventually you can understand Wc3's validator. This is
                      what they do and what they are really good at doing. Do you use CSS? That is
                      where we are going now.
                      > Ed
                    • Barry
                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 10, 2005
                        Yes Ed I did and I simply forgot to include "align=center" before adding
                        Word Art. Shan't do it again that's for sure.

                        Take care Barry UK

                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 10, 2005
                          Hi Bill I'm learning something new everyday about website design and HTML
                          codes etc. I don't think that I'll ever become an expert but as long as I
                          can get by, it'll suffice for now anyway.

                          Take care Barry UK

                          > Hi Barry that is how I learned to write html by playing with things to see
                          > how they respond, that page has pictures and sound and a table ... most
                          > people do not like sound but .... fun to play with, I do not know how much
                          > you know so will expand what I did to teach myself ... Notetab lets you
                          try
                          > a webpage from your hard disk just save the original using the .html or
                          .htm
                          > extension the view source file will have name[1].txt extension which will
                          > not display a webpage just the text i.e. html code i.e. if you want it to
                          > display as a webpage change the extention to .htm any .txt file will
                          display
                          > as a webpage if you change it to .htm ... make some changes from your copy
                          > and click on the blue ball in notetab ... this will launch the webpage and
                          > show your changes ... also there are allot of free html clips on
                          > www.notetab.com website .. they help you allot ... You could also comment
                          > out anything you do not want <! not wanted code > I hope this will help .
                          > Thanks for the tip about scottie ....
                          >
                          > Bill Scott
                        • Bill Scott
                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 11, 2005
                            No I used Notetab Pro
                            Did you write you web page using MS Word and convert it to HTML?
                            Ed
                            > you can go to my webpage and right click on it select view source save
                            it
                            > your harddisk then open it with notetab .... and put your info in as
                            you
                            > like just do not link to my stylesheet you can download the .tss file
                            and
                            > use it but use it from your site.
                            >
                            > http://www.abibleverse4you.com/index.html
                            >
                            > Bill Scott