RE: [NTO] PC power supply dead?

  • Bill Scott
    Message 1 of 34 , Apr 4, 2005
      Hi All;

      Sometimes when the mobo battery gets weak or dead it will lose the ability
      to start up ... dead no fans nothing ... with my abit mobo ... I had to
      flash bios (move the shorting clip from pins 1 and 2 to pins 2 and 3 then
      back look in your manual).. to get to the blue bios screen and then use fail
      safe bios it then would boot up and I could set my bios up via blue screen.
      Also on the power supply it is a good idea to blow the dust out once or
      twice a year ... they will sometimes crowbar. *||:^)

      Bill Scott

    • Barry
      Message 34 of 34 , Apr 9, 2005
        All ISPs have a 'whitelist' and whatever they agree to put on it is allowed
        access through their servers. A number of people in a forum that I write to
        are AOL members and my mail was originally classified as spam until their
        addresses, at my request, were added to the AOL whitelist. It's a pain I
        know but a way to circumvent the system.

        Take care Barry UK