Re: [NTO] PC power supply dead?

  • alice ttlg
    Message 1 of 34 , Apr 1 8:09 AM
      On Apr 1, 2005 1:32 AM, Jason W. <jwellband@...> wrote:

      > Just grab a small screwdriver and make contact with both pins. Failing
      > that, you can bend a paperclip to do so. It sounds scary but it's
      > kinda cool once you do it the first time LOL

      LOL! Okay, I'll give that a try this weekend, if it's the switch, I
      can buy a cheap box and move the motherboard over and put my older
      hard drive that was for my backups in there and stick Linux on it.

      > You may be able to move some RAM from your old puter to hers...

      Yeah, I need to look at them but I think they're the same type and I
      can just swap them out. I'll take a look this weekend and see, right
      now I'm just happy to have email and all my files back. I need to get
      an extension for the power connections from the power supply, so I can
      plug in both the CD-Rom and the CD-RW, then I need to find the drivers
      for the CD-RW but I should be able to get that off the web and then I
      can do backups to CDs which is better anyway.

      Plus I think I'll see if I can pick up a cheap hard drive, my current
      primary drive with all my stuff on it is almost five years old.

      > > This will do until I've worked a few more months and get me a brand
      > > new PC and then I'll Linux this one.
      >
      > <grin>

      :)

      --
      alice ttlg

      Ramblings from the Idiot Box
      My opinionated opinions about TV and movies.
      http://www.theidiotbox.org/

      Me, Blog/LJ, Links, Whatever:
      http://alice.ttlg.net/

      I know that the object I'm looking at is an Egg - but I also know that
      if it talks to me like a person, it is not an Egg.
      -- Hunter S. Thompson
    • Barry
      Message 34 of 34 , Apr 9 7:32 PM
        All ISPs have a 'whitelist' and whatever they agree to put on it is allowed
        access through their servers. A number of people in a forum that I write to
        are AOL members and my mail was originally classified as spam until their
        addresses, at my request, were added to the AOL whitelist. It's a pain I
        know but a way to circumvent the system.

        Take care Barry UK