Re: [NTO] PC power supply dead?

  • alice ttlg
    Message 1 of 34 , Apr 1, 2005
      On Apr 1, 2005 1:25 AM, Dart Chris <c.dart@...> wrote:

      > I didn't realise that "Linux" was a synonym for "Trash" !

      umm, it isn't, at least that's not how I meant it. I simply meant
      I'll reformat it and install Linux on it. I don't have any intention
      of trashing it as long as it works and Linux is much more efficient
      with ram and processor speed and hard drive space than Windows so it
      should run well on this older PC.

      Even my old PC that's not working right now isn't getting thrown out,
      I'll scavenge parts from it for other PCs and I may even get to
      pulling out that switch and see if that's the problem with it. If it
      is, I'll see if I can replace it and stick a hard drive and network
      card back in it and then I can use that for another Linux PC or
      perhaps install Win2k on it.

      --
      alice ttlg

      Ramblings from the Idiot Box
      My opinionated opinions about TV and movies.
      http://www.theidiotbox.org/

      Me, Blog/LJ, Links, Whatever:
      http://alice.ttlg.net/

      I know that the object I'm looking at is an Egg - but I also know that
      if it talks to me like a person, it is not an Egg.
      -- Hunter S. Thompson
    • Barry
      Message 34 of 34 , Apr 9, 2005
        All ISPs have a 'whitelist' and whatever they agree to put on it is allowed
        access through their servers. A number of people in a forum that I write to
        are AOL members and my mail was originally classified as spam until their
        addresses, at my request, were added to the AOL whitelist. It's a pain I
        know but a way to circumvent the system.

        Take care Barry UK