PC power supply dead?

  • alice ttlg
    Message 1 of 34 , Mar 31, 2005
      Went to turn on my computer this morning and nothing happened, nothing
      on the monitor (it's light stayed orange, normally it turns green when
      it gets a signal from the PC). Got power to the power cord so I'm
      thinking this is likely a dead power supply?

      (and if it is the power supply, it wouldn't surprise me, it's been a
      couple years since I last replaced it, the PC is about 4 1/2 years old
      and it runs pretty much seven days a week, 10-15 hours a day) (and a
      dead power supply is easy and cheap to fix :))

      --
      alice ttlg

      Ramblings from the Idiot Box
      My opinionated opinions about TV and movies.
      http://www.theidiotbox.org/

      Me, Blog/LJ, Links, Whatever:
      http://alice.ttlg.net/

      I know that the object I'm looking at is an Egg - but I also know that
      if it talks to me like a person, it is not an Egg.
      -- Hunter S. Thompson
    • Barry
      Message 34 of 34 , Apr 9, 2005
        All ISPs have a 'whitelist' and whatever they agree to put on it is allowed
        access through their servers. A number of people in a forum that I write to
        are AOL members and my mail was originally classified as spam until their
        addresses, at my request, were added to the AOL whitelist. It's a pain I
        know but a way to circumvent the system.

        Take care Barry UK