Re: Rich Text Format

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2005
      Hi Frank:

      >NoteTab Light has a feature I have long lusted after - the ability to
      >simply go to the Next file in a list and open it. This saves the normal
      >tedious and time consuming Selecting and Opening of each file and would
      >help with this project ginormously.

      Any help you can give to help me accomplish this seemingly simple task will
      be appreciated.

      When you described what you are after the first application that came to
      mind is (free) Keynote http://www.tranglos.com/free/index.html

      I double checked by Googling: tabbed+rtf+editor and see a number of others
      but Keynote is first on the list.

      It allows you to create a list of virtual files i.e you can handle them
      just as if they were notes in its tabbed editor but the actual file is
      called in and written back to its disk location.

      It should give you all the power you were looking for with Notetab's NEXT
      file feature - the only thing you'd be missing is the ability to use clips
      on each file but from your description that's probably not what you'd be
      using?

      Its got a fairly low learning curve and if you haven't worked with outliners
      before you may discover a bunch of other things its great for!

      ps. I've copied my reply to Notetab's off-topic group which is the right
      place for any further discussion :-) subscribe at:

      Regards ... Alec
      --