Re: [NTO] taskbar

  • Ed Brown
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 10, 2005
      I went there but my computer does not have the same registry setup. I
      remember now when it started, in the original XP you could not have any
      icons in the taskbar. Then some said if you follow these instructions
      you can insert icons into the the taskbar. I did that and lo the fat
      taskbar. Now if I can find a way to get get rid of t he icons it will
      be ck.
      Ed

      The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.
      -- Andy Rooney

      John Mitchell wrote:

      > Ed
      >
      > I did a Google on "xp unable to shrink taskbar" and came across a
      > discussion here..
      >
      > http://www.satelliteguys.us/archive/index.php/t-854.html
      >
      > ..that sounds exactly like your problem. Sadly the debate never gets
      > around to a clear unequivocal solution but there are links that I didn't
      > follow (no time) and other hits that may be of use.
      >
      > Regards, John M
      >
      > Ed Brown wrote:
      >
      > > I have small icons specified and I have one row of quick launch buttons,
      > > but instead of spreading out the programs by the clock, they are in
      > > three rows. Taskbar is unlocked.
      > > Ed
      > >
      > > The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.
      > > -- Andy Rooney
      > >

      > > John Mitchell wrote:
      > >
      > > > Ed
      > > >
      > > > Have you specified Small Icons in the customise start menu dialog?
      > > > Do you have two rows of quick launch icons, or just one?
      > > > You did unlock the taskbar before attempting to drag down?
      > > >
      > > > Regards, John M.

      > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
      > click here
      > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129eq0pp9/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=groups/S=1705007389:HM/EXP=1110586891/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075>

      > Virus Database (VPS): 0510-0, 03/08/2005
      > Tested on: 3/10/2005 6:23:02 PM

      ---
      Virus Database (VPS): 0510-0, 03/08/2005
      Tested on: 3/10/2005 7:41:30 PM