RE: [NTO] Firefox help

  • Christine
    Message 1 of 81 , Mar 10, 2005
      I'll do that, but the pages work in IE!!!
      I took this site over from someone who charged huge amounts to mass produce
      crap in Dreamweaver, hence all the meta tags. I'm still cleaning them up
      and out.
      I'm glad you can see what I see, Ed. Although I never disbelieve someone
      when they say something odd is happening, it's nice to have a witness!
      Christine

      Message 81 of 81 , Jul 11 8:07 PM
        Christine,

        The Firefox release notes have some good information:

        http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/releases/1.0.4.html

        The profile folder is located on these versions of Windows, by default
        (It can be specified at another location):

        Windows 2000, XP Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application
        Data\Mozilla\Firefox
        Windows NT WINNT\Profiles\<UserName>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox
        Windows 98, ME Windows\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox

        There is a profiles.ini, and pluginreg.dat and the directory with a
        "salted" name for each user in the Firefox directory as listed above.

        When you re-install Firefox, just copy the profile folder to the desired
        location, and you should be good to go.

        Larry Hamilton
        Kairos Computer Solutions
        http://www.kairoscomputers.com/