What I have I done now

  • Ed Brown
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 8, 2005
      Hi everyone,
      I have somehow caused the following problem:
      Every time I try to improve things in my computer, some unforeseen
      trouble develops. I do not know what or how I did this, but I did make
      some changes in FireFox and upgraded to FireFox 1.01. Now the following
      problem has a risen. I was using NoteTab Pro and clicked on an URL and
      the blue band at the top of the page turned gray. This I have found out
      means that I have the url but the open page will not leave or the url
      cannot come to the fore front until I have clicked on minus bar top
      right. The NoteTab Pro goes down in the tray like it should have done
      and url should have been displayed. But no, NoteTab P retains it spot
      and tell me that the url is open but behind the displayed page of Note
      Tab Pro. If I want to look at a page that I am writing in NoteTab, I
      click on the brower button, formerly, the page would pop up in the
      browser and be displayed on my screen, now I must again select the
      minus button and put NoteTab down manually instead of it going to the
      bottom of the screen automatically. If while working on pages I want to
      look at an email that just popped in, it does not come up automatically,
      the blue portion across the top of my screen that says NoteTab Pro and
      names the page I am working on turns gray, thus I know in order to see
      the Inbox I must manually put NoteTab down using the minus button before
      I can see my Inbox. It must be something in NoteTab causing this. What
      did I do to cause this to happen and how do I undo it??
      Ed

      --
      A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
      -- Josh Billings

      ---
      Virus Database (VPS): 0509-6, 03/07/2005
      Tested on: 3/8/2005 11:08:03 AM
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 8, 2005
        Hi Ed,

        If you installed over F-i-r-e-f-o-x (That's the way the FAQ #8
        says to spell it, with the dashes ;) over top of FireFox :?Þ~~~
        1.0, then do an uninstall, delete the folders left and reinstall.
        Make sure you don't install any extensions and see what happens.
        The programmers might have to upgrade their extensions for
        version 1.0.1 for them to work. Other than that, perhaps a
        FireFox user can help you more.

        BTW, NoteTab has never interacted real great with any Mozilla
        browser; mostly just opening the second window. NoteTab and
        FireFox are just not a good mix at all from my experiences. I did
        fine in 1.0.1 that is I set the feature to always reuse most
        recent tab/window *and* the browser is already open, it works
        real well. My machine has that problem of opening a page in
        NoteTab via View in Browser that it goes online to load the page
        and also opens first, an untitled tab. Weird! Perhaps theres a
        settings to change. Maybe I have adware causing it. Ran the
        latest adware/antivirus many times lately. The problem cropped up
        in v1.0, the younger ones did not do it.

        >I have somehow caused the following problem:
        >Every time I try to improve things in my computer, some unforeseen
        >trouble develops. I do not know what or how I did this, but I did make
        >some changes in FireFox and upgraded to FireFox 1.01.

        http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
      • Ben B
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 8, 2005
          On Tuesday, Mar 08, 2005
          Ed Brown wrote regarding "What I have I done now";

          > I was using NoteTab Pro and clicked on an URL and the blue band at
          > the top of the page turned gray. This I have found out means that I
          > have the url but the open page will not leave or the url cannot come
          > to the fore front until I have clicked on minus bar top right.

          It sounds like you have "Stay-On-Top" checked in NoteTab (under the View
          menu).

          HTH
          Ben
        • Ed Brown
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 9, 2005
            Ben B
            Thanks that was the problem. I am not sure how that got checked. I must
            have done it in a senior moment .
            Ed

            The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.
            -- Andy Rooney

            Ben B wrote:

            > On Tuesday, Mar 08, 2005
            > Ed Brown wrote regarding "What I have I done now";
            >
            > > I was using NoteTab Pro and clicked on an URL and the blue band at
            > > the top of the page turned gray. This I have found out means that I
            > > have the url but the open page will not leave or the url cannot come
            > > to the fore front until I have clicked on minus bar top right.
            >
            > It sounds like you have "Stay-On-Top" checked in NoteTab (under the View
            > menu).
            >
            > HTH
            > Ben
            >

            > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
            > click here
            > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129lv5pv5/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=groups/S=1705007389:HM/EXP=1110413986/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075>

            > Virus Database (VPS): 0510-0, 03/08/2005
            > Tested on: 3/8/2005 6:22:09 PM

            ---
            Virus Database (VPS): 0510-0, 03/08/2005
            Tested on: 3/9/2005 7:40:52 AM