Re: [NTO] memory maker photo bracelet

  • Fay
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 6 11:13 PM
      IrfanView will print thumbs of all the files in a directory. You can set the
      size to your liking.
      So will several others, but that's a good start.
      I think you'll find Irfan here:
      http://www.download.com/3000-2192-10021962.html

      Fay

      > can someone please tell me how I can print the thumbnails off my
      > computer. I can make them but when I print it prints the original
      > size photo. and by the way I'm not real computer savy so if you can
      > explain this to me I would be grateful.
    • Greg Chapman
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 7 4:20 AM
        Hi Fay,

        > IrfanView will print thumbs of all the files in a directory.

        Yes it will, and is probably better obtained from the author's site at:
        http://www.irfanview.com/
        where you'll know you'll get the latest version, but doesn't that miss the
        point. The OP is, presumably, using the program specified in the subject
        line!

        I know that IrfanView is an excellent piece of freeware and must less than a
        1Mb download, but why suggest alternative applications, when, if the OP has
        WinXP then there's a more than adequate facility built into the Operating
        System.

        Unfortunately, I know nothing about "Memory Maker Photo Bracelet", but I
        could help with the other two options....

        Greg
      • Fay
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 7 4:33 AM
          Sorry, Greg.
          Didn't fully understand the question--and just grabbed the first Irfan link
          I found.
          Didn't realise that mmpb was a program. Bit of a Luddite, me.
          Fay
        • Greg Chapman
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 7 5:09 AM
            > Sorry, Greg.

            I'm sorry too! It looked a bit curt, after I'd hit the send button!

            > Didn't realise that mmpb was a program. Bit of a Luddite, me.

            In truth I'm only guessing, but otherwise it's such a strange subject line.

            Greg
          • Fay
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 7 5:24 AM
              No, no. All's cool. I Googled, and it seems it's an item of jewellery into
              which you put tiny photos.
              Might be pretty.
              Fay
            • Don - htmlfixit.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 7 7:01 AM
                I assumed she was using EZ thumbnails by Fookes Software?
                I would make my thumbnails via that program and save them with a
                thumbnail extension, then print them out.
                I presumed she was then going to put time into a bracelet like a charm
                bracelet or locket type of thing.

                Guess we need clarification from the writer as to what s/he is trying to
                do and how so we can help?
              • Dart Chris
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 7 11:51 PM
                  Hey Greg - I'm curious, how do you EASILY make thumbprints in XP - without
                  another prog? Print by print at small size OK, but all in a folder at one
                  shot, as thumbs - how's that done please? I use Thumbs Plus which is great.

                  Chris Dart

                  _____

                  http://www.irfanview.com/ <http://www.irfanview.com/>
                  where you'll know you'll get the latest version, but doesn't that miss the
                  point. The OP is, presumably, using the program specified in the subject
                  line!

                  I know that IrfanView is an excellent piece of freeware and must less than a
                  1Mb download, but why suggest alternative applications, when, if the OP has
                  WinXP then there's a more than adequate facility built into the Operating
                  System.

                  Unfortunately, I know nothing about "Memory Maker Photo Bracelet", but I
                  could help with the other two options....

                  Greg

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129ntlded/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=gr
                  oups/S=1705007389:HM/EXP=1110284541/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http:/www.n
                  etflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here

                  :HM/A=2593423/rand=804148635>

                  _____

                  Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Greg Chapman
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 8 1:23 AM
                    Hi Chris,

                    > Hey Greg - I'm curious, how do you EASILY make thumbprints in XP - without
                    > another prog? Print by print at small size OK, but all in a folder at one
                    > shot, as thumbs - how's that done please? I use Thumbs Plus which
                    > is great.

                    Open "My Pictures" (or where ever one of the image files is) and right click
                    on it. Select "Preview" from the pop-up menu. On the toolbar at the base
                    of the window, click the "Print" button. This starts the "Photo Printing
                    Wizard".

                    From the first screen, select all the pictures you want printed.
                    On the next screen, select your printer
                    On the third screen, select the layout. (These include a range of options
                    from a single full page image to a 5x7 array of 35 thumbnails)
                    On the final screen, click Finish!

                    (Easy peasy!)

                    Greg
                  • Dart Chris
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 8 2:31 AM
                      Hi Greg,

                      Thanks - I had never looked deeply into that wizard - didn't realise its
                      abilities!

                      One point - For me, 'Preview' opens "Microsoft Office Picture Manager"
                      (MsOPM) containing the picture clicked. Although the print wizard runs from
                      within "MsOPM" it only handles that picture. To get the chance to select
                      more pictures I need to click on "Print" (one above "Preview").

                      Chris Dart

                      _____

                      > Hey Greg - I'm curious, how do you EASILY make thumbprints in XP - without
                      > another prog? Print by print at small size OK, but all in a folder at one
                      > shot, as thumbs - how's that done please? I use Thumbs Plus which
                      > is great.

                      Open "My Pictures" (or where ever one of the image files is) and right click
                      on it. Select "Preview" from the pop-up menu. On the toolbar at the base
                      of the window, click the "Print" button. This starts the "Photo Printing
                      Wizard".

                      From the first screen, select all the pictures you want printed.
                      On the next screen, select your printer
                      On the third screen, select the layout. (These include a range of options
                      from a single full page image to a 5x7 array of 35 thumbnails)
                      On the final screen, click Finish!

                      (Easy peasy!)

                      Greg

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129njunq1/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=gr
                      oups/S=1705007389:HM/EXP=1110360258/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http:/www.n
                      etflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here

                      :HM/A=2593423/rand=959964380>

                      _____

                      Yahoo! Groups Links

                    • Greg Chapman
                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 8 6:22 AM
                        Hi Chris,

                        > Thanks - I had never looked deeply into that wizard - didn't realise its
                        > abilities!

                        I reckon I'm missing something too! I'm sure I should be able to create a
                        menu shortcut somehow, but I just haven't investigated properly, so far.

                        > For me, 'Preview' opens "Microsoft Office Picture Manager"
                        > (MsOPM) containing the picture clicked. Although the print wizard
                        > runs from
                        > within "MsOPM" it only handles that picture. To get the chance to select
                        > more pictures I need to click on "Print" (one above "Preview").

                        I guess this is a feature built in to Office 2003? I'm only on 2000!

                        Greg
                      • Dart Chris
                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 8 7:07 AM
                          Hi,

                          Yup - 2003.

                          It opens fast and gives a good large view of your picture with some basic
                          editing possibilities. Better than the filmstrip "big picture" but not quite
                          that fast.

                          Chris Dart

                          _____

                          > Thanks - I had never looked deeply into that wizard - didn't realise its
                          > abilities!

                          I reckon I'm missing something too! I'm sure I should be able to create a
                          menu shortcut somehow, but I just haven't investigated properly, so far.

                          > For me, 'Preview' opens "Microsoft Office Picture Manager"
                          > (MsOPM) containing the picture clicked. Although the print wizard
                          > runs from
                          > within "MsOPM" it only handles that picture. To get the chance to select
                          > more pictures I need to click on "Print" (one above "Preview").

                          I guess this is a feature built in to Office 2003? I'm only on 2000!

                          Greg

                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129tk6mii/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=gr
                          oups/S=1705007389:HM/EXP=1110378187/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http:/www.n
                          etflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here

                          :HM/A=2593423/rand=884200569>

                          _____

                          Yahoo! Groups Links

                        • Hugo Paulissen
                          Message 12 of 13 , Mar 8 7:15 AM
                            > > For me, 'Preview' opens "Microsoft Office Picture Manager"
                            > > (MsOPM) containing the picture clicked. Although the print wizard
                            > > runs from
                            > > within "MsOPM" it only handles that picture. To get the chance to
                            select
                            > > more pictures I need to click on "Print" (one above "Preview").
                            >
                            > I guess this is a feature built in to Office 2003? I'm only on
                            2000!

                            Greg,

                            I may be missing your point but this is what I found out.

                            I do not have Office 2003 and the option to select pictures for print
                            is available to me - checkboxes at the top. I'm not sure I actually
                            can resize the images on my harddisk with WindowsXP; I normally do
                            this in another way. I found out that I do not always have the
                            printwizzard available at the left. What I do then is create a new
                            folder, copy only images to that folder and open the folder then. The
                            print all pictures option is available then.

                            Hugo
                          • Greg Chapman
                            Message 13 of 13 , Mar 8 9:08 AM
                              Hi Hugo,

                              > > > For me, 'Preview' opens "Microsoft Office Picture Manager"
                              > > > (MsOPM) containing the picture clicked. Although the print wizard
                              > > > runs from
                              > > > within "MsOPM" it only handles that picture. To get the chance to
                              > select
                              > > > more pictures I need to click on "Print" (one above "Preview").
                              > >
                              > > I guess this is a feature built in to Office 2003? I'm only on
                              > 2000!
                              > >

                              > Greg,
                              >
                              > I may be missing your point but this is what I found out.

                              What I meant was that MsOPM must be a feature of Office 2003, which I've
                              never seen. For others, without the latest version of MS Office, I've only
                              been able to run the "Photo Printing Wizard" from within the "Windows
                              Picture and Fax Viewer" and that I lunch from the "Preview" option on the
                              context sensitive menu (right-click menu) from any Windows Explorer window
                              (Whether called "My Documents", "My Pictures", or whatever.

                              However, having read your message, I've just realised that if I open the
                              "Picture Tasks" options (which for some reason I'd not noticed before!!),
                              The "Print Pictures" option does indeed run the "Photo Printing Wizard",
                              with the options to print a selection of pictures in any of the available
                              formats.

                              Your right, too, it doesn't allow you to size the files on the disk, only
                              the printed image.

                              > I found out that I do not always have the
                              > printwizzard available at the left. What I do then is create a new
                              > folder, copy only images to that folder and open the folder then. The
                              > print all pictures option is available then.

                              From what I can tell the "Picture Tasks" panel only appears in folders that
                              contain exclusively recognised image files (sub-folders are also allowed).

                              Greg