Re: Fookes Software on Linux

  • lm_hamilton
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 6, 2005
      Alan, and others,

      I just tried the winetools utility. I learned that my wine config file
      is outdated by 2 years. Correcting this little issue solved some of
      the problems I reported in NoteTab and the other Fookes software. I
      have a confused install of wine and a fake Windows directory. Once I
      clean that up, I will be better able to explain things to others.

      This resolved the size of fonts and some other issues.

      To get started, install WINE, then use the winetools.

      Here is WineTools, a utility to install many apps under Linux:
      http://www.von-thadden.de/Joachim/WineTools/

      WineTools urges the user to install IE6, which I do not have room for
      right now.

      In my quick studies, I learned that there is an Explorer like program
      called winefile. It looks like the old Win3.x file manager.

      Things have come a long way since I started this two years ago. Having
      the right structure to my config file made a big difference.

      I wanted to share this clarification ASAP to save others from some
      headaches. If you have WINE from a year or more ago, a totally clean
      install plus using WineTools, a nice GUI, will make it a lot easier to
      get going.

      HTH,

      Larry Hamilton