PHP "IDE" WAS - Re: [NTO] Firefox help

  • Larry Hamilton
    Message 1 of 81 , Mar 4, 2005
      Back on 10/14/2004 on the NoteTab HTML list with this topic "[NH] PHP
      "IDE" Clips" (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-html/message/4857), I
      shared some clips I built for working with PHP. One of them invokes the
      PHP command for syntax highlighting and will send that page to the
      browser. Another will actually run the clip and show the generated HTML.
      I am working, slowly, on a library of clips. I will share the entire
      library once I get some other tools built for some other challenges PHP
      users face.

      Most people may not realize that a PHP file sent to the PHP.exe will
      output a stream of HTML. If you capture the HTML into a file, as my
      clips do, you do not have to run a web browser. If you are running a
      script that queries against a DB, you will need a local copy of the DB.
      For working with the DB, I run my clip to check syntax, then upload the
      file for the databases I do not want to duplicate locally.

      I do not know enough about SHTML to know if or how to do the same with
      it. I am sure other scripting languages that output HTML could do the
      same thing as my PHP clips.

      Larry Hamilton
      Kairos Computer Solutions
      http://www.kairoscomputers.com/
      Sales Affiliate for Grisoft Anti-Virus

      Don - htmlfixit.com wrote:
      > Christine wrote:
      >
      >>All right, guys. Could this get any more annoying?
      >>I'm finding that Firefox is displaying my .shtml pages exactly as I would
      >>view them in NoteTabPro: all source code.
      >>Is this another option I need to add, vs. having it built in?
      >>Thanks,
      >>Christine
      >><sigh>
      >

      > That is a good question. I have that problem with php and shtml pages.
      > They don't render. Short of installing a server on my machine, if
      > there is an answer, lets have it. I have to admit I either tweak in IE,
      > load each revision and look on-line, or change the extension. It is a
      > bother. I have never seen the answer to this one.
    • Larry Hamilton
      Message 81 of 81 , Jul 11 8:07 PM
        Christine,

        The Firefox release notes have some good information:

        http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/releases/1.0.4.html

        The profile folder is located on these versions of Windows, by default
        (It can be specified at another location):

        Windows 2000, XP Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application
        Data\Mozilla\Firefox
        Windows NT WINNT\Profiles\<UserName>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox
        Windows 98, ME Windows\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox

        There is a profiles.ini, and pluginreg.dat and the directory with a
        "salted" name for each user in the Firefox directory as listed above.

        When you re-install Firefox, just copy the profile folder to the desired
        location, and you should be good to go.