RE: [NTO] Firefox help

    Message 1 of 81 , Mar 4, 2005
      Hi Christine and Others,

      >All right, guys. Could this get any more annoying?
      >I'm finding that Firefox is displaying my .shtml pages exactly as I would
      >view them in NoteTabPro: all source code.
      >Is this another option I need to add, vs. having it built in?
      >Thanks,
      >Christine

      The answer to this is probably I'm wrong, because I would think
      that one of the web pros would have replied with it. I know using
      html files like PHP need to have the server thingie on your
      local hard drive to display correctly in the browser like it is
      on the web. Perhaps SHTML does too. The following is from the
      NoteTab Glossary under Help.

      SHTML

      SHTML is an acronym for Server-parsed Hyper Text Markup Language
      and is contained in a type of HTML file (.SHTML). The files
      contain information that is specific to the web server it is on.
      The commands are non-standard in the sense they need to be
      interpreted by the Web Server where they reside. These non-
      standard commands are replaced by standard HTML (or text) before
      it is returned to the web browser so it may process it.

      (I give up on FireFox. <g> Way too buggie for me. I might try the
      TabMix one more time though. The TabExtensions cause problems and
      definitely don't have them both installed at the same time.)

      http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
    • Larry Hamilton
      Message 81 of 81 , Jul 11 8:07 PM
        Christine,

        The Firefox release notes have some good information:

        http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/releases/1.0.4.html

        The profile folder is located on these versions of Windows, by default
        (It can be specified at another location):

        Windows 2000, XP Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application
        Data\Mozilla\Firefox
        Windows NT WINNT\Profiles\<UserName>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox
        Windows 98, ME Windows\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox

        There is a profiles.ini, and pluginreg.dat and the directory with a
        "salted" name for each user in the Firefox directory as listed above.

        When you re-install Firefox, just copy the profile folder to the desired
        location, and you should be good to go.

        Larry Hamilton
        Kairos Computer Solutions
        http://www.kairoscomputers.com/