Re: [NTO] Firefox help

  • Josh - CK
    Message 1 of 81 , Mar 4, 2005
      On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 10:23:31 -0500, Christine <christine@...> wrote:

      > All right, guys. Could this get any more annoying?
      > I'm finding that Firefox is displaying my .shtml pages exactly as I would
      > view them in NoteTabPro: all source code.
      > Is this another option I need to add, vs. having it built in?
      > Thanks,
      > Christine
      > <sigh>

      If it is displaying the page as source then it is because the server
      is sending the wrong Mime-type. Firefox will display pages as the
      Mime-type requests. Either extension would have given the ability to
      put the tabs at the bottom, it's just that they put them in different
      places. I think I mentioned that Control clicking will open into a new
      window/tab.

      You should swing by http://forums.mozillazine.org/ , they have a great
      support section, and it's easy to search for past answers.

      Good luck, enjoy Firefox.
      --
      Josh Simmons - CK
    • Larry Hamilton
      Message 81 of 81 , Jul 11, 2005
        Christine,

        The Firefox release notes have some good information:

        http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/releases/1.0.4.html

        The profile folder is located on these versions of Windows, by default
        (It can be specified at another location):

        Windows 2000, XP Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application
        Data\Mozilla\Firefox
        Windows NT WINNT\Profiles\<UserName>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox
        Windows 98, ME Windows\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox

        There is a profiles.ini, and pluginreg.dat and the directory with a
        "salted" name for each user in the Firefox directory as listed above.

        When you re-install Firefox, just copy the profile folder to the desired
        location, and you should be good to go.

        Larry Hamilton
        Kairos Computer Solutions
        http://www.kairoscomputers.com/