Re: [NTO] Firefox help

  • Don - htmlfixit.com
    Message 1 of 81 , Mar 4, 2005
      Christine wrote:
      > All right, guys. Could this get any more annoying?
      > I'm finding that Firefox is displaying my .shtml pages exactly as I would
      > view them in NoteTabPro: all source code.
      > Is this another option I need to add, vs. having it built in?
      > Thanks,
      > Christine
      > <sigh>

      That is a good question. I have that problem with php and shtml pages.
      They don't render. Short of installing a server on my machine, if
      there is an answer, lets have it. I have to admit I either tweak in IE,
      load each revision and look on-line, or change the extension. It is a
      bother. I have never seen the answer to this one.
    • Larry Hamilton
      Message 81 of 81 , Jul 11, 2005
        Christine,

        The Firefox release notes have some good information:

        http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/releases/1.0.4.html

        The profile folder is located on these versions of Windows, by default
        (It can be specified at another location):

        Windows 2000, XP Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application
        Data\Mozilla\Firefox
        Windows NT WINNT\Profiles\<UserName>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox
        Windows 98, ME Windows\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox

        There is a profiles.ini, and pluginreg.dat and the directory with a
        "salted" name for each user in the Firefox directory as listed above.

        When you re-install Firefox, just copy the profile folder to the desired
        location, and you should be good to go.

        Larry Hamilton
        Kairos Computer Solutions
        http://www.kairoscomputers.com/