RE: [NTO] Firefox help

  • Christine
    Message 1 of 81 , Mar 4, 2005
      One of my favorite bosses, 2 years older than I from China, could read
      binary code. I was always impressed with that, given even that was a bit
      before "our time."

      My sister is a big wheel with Nexteria. She was hiring and wanted someone
      with a degree in computers, 10 years' experience, and all kinds of stuff.
      At the time, I had to remind her that 10 years previously, there WERE no
      degrees in computers. Would she rather have a kid with a degree that didn't
      help him function outside a classroom, or someone working for 10 years who
      had a degree in Medieval Studies (like me), who took classes, workshops,
      seminars, and built computers and programmed? Life experience vs. theory.
      To her credit, she rethought her hiring criteria and got someone quite
      great!

      Interesting, isn't it?
    • Larry Hamilton
      Message 81 of 81 , Jul 11, 2005
        Christine,

        The Firefox release notes have some good information:

        http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/releases/1.0.4.html

        The profile folder is located on these versions of Windows, by default
        (It can be specified at another location):

        Windows 2000, XP Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application
        Data\Mozilla\Firefox
        Windows NT WINNT\Profiles\<UserName>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox
        Windows 98, ME Windows\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox

        There is a profiles.ini, and pluginreg.dat and the directory with a
        "salted" name for each user in the Firefox directory as listed above.

        When you re-install Firefox, just copy the profile folder to the desired
        location, and you should be good to go.

        Larry Hamilton
        Kairos Computer Solutions
        http://www.kairoscomputers.com/