RE: [NTO] Firefox help

  • Dart Chris
    Message 1 of 81 , Mar 4, 2005
      Hi Christine,

      Have you tried Tab Mix. -
      http://hemiolapei.free.fr/divers/tabmix/tabmix.html.en
      <http://hemiolapei.free.fr/divers/tabmix/tabmix.html.en>

      TBE frightened me off and Tab Browser Preferences does not do enough for me.
      Tab Mix provides for a 'Close' X on each tab - always visible; only when you
      mouse; never - as you wish etc. It seems it is much more stable than TBE but
      still has enough power. I am running it on 2 machines with no problems so
      far.

      Chris Dart

      _____

      Message 81 of 81 , Jul 11, 2005
        Christine,

        The Firefox release notes have some good information:

        http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/releases/1.0.4.html

        The profile folder is located on these versions of Windows, by default
        (It can be specified at another location):

        Windows 2000, XP Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application
        Data\Mozilla\Firefox
        Windows NT WINNT\Profiles\<UserName>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox
        Windows 98, ME Windows\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox

        There is a profiles.ini, and pluginreg.dat and the directory with a
        "salted" name for each user in the Firefox directory as listed above.

        When you re-install Firefox, just copy the profile folder to the desired
        location, and you should be good to go.

        Larry Hamilton
        Kairos Computer Solutions
        http://www.kairoscomputers.com/