RE: [NTO] Firefox help

  • Bob Janes
    Message 1 of 81 , Mar 2, 2005
      Hi Chris,

      Dart Chris wrote:
      > I cannot find "Accounts" under tools, nor in "options". I find some tab
      controls under "Advanced" but nothing to place the tabs at the bottom.

      I think you have already found the answer but in case not . . .

      You need 'Tabbrowser Extensions' installed as a FireFox Extension
      http://piro.sakura.ne.jp/xul/tabextensions/index.html.en
      The Extension works OK for me but see the warnings on the authors site

      When they are installed go to Tab | Tabbrowser Extension Preferences (at the
      bottom of the menu) | Appearance | Tab Bar and you can set the location to
      the bottom, top, sides or hidden.

      Best wishes

      Bob

      --

      Bob Janes
      'A Helping Hand'

      You can't make me what you call me! ~ Al Fleishman
    • Larry Hamilton
      Message 81 of 81 , Jul 11, 2005
        Christine,

        The Firefox release notes have some good information:

        http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/releases/1.0.4.html

        The profile folder is located on these versions of Windows, by default
        (It can be specified at another location):

        Windows 2000, XP Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application
        Data\Mozilla\Firefox
        Windows NT WINNT\Profiles\<UserName>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox
        Windows 98, ME Windows\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox

        There is a profiles.ini, and pluginreg.dat and the directory with a
        "salted" name for each user in the Firefox directory as listed above.

        When you re-install Firefox, just copy the profile folder to the desired
        location, and you should be good to go.

        Larry Hamilton
        Kairos Computer Solutions
        http://www.kairoscomputers.com/