Re: [NTO] Firefox help

  • Ed Brown
    Message 1 of 81 , Mar 1, 2005
      I prefer to keep FireFox, it has amazing features and it costs nothing.
      A hard price to beat. I used Opera for a little period of time once but
      it was so user unfriendly that I dropped it. I understand that they
      finally listened to all of us who dropped it and made it more user
      friendly, but strange enough they want money for it. So until it is the
      same price as FireFox it is no Opera for the kid.
      Ed

      "No matter what it is that you do best, there are always a million people doing it better"
      -- Homer J. Simpson

      jorigami wrote:

      > --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, Christine <christine@e...> wrote:
      >
      > > I'm already rebuilding my main machine because I messed (again) with
      > > too much incompatible free and shareware! <LOL> Do I need to fear?
      > > Or at least worry?
      >
      > Dump Firefox and get Opera ;)
      >
      > *wears asbestos suit and hides under the table*
      >

      > (I use both, and IMO Opera has better out-of-box features.)
      >

      > Jorma
      >

      > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
      > click here
      > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129vndute/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=groups/S=1705007389:HM/EXP=1109753812/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075>

      > Virus Database (VPS): 0509-1, 03/01/2005
      > Tested on: 3/1/2005 7:11:41 AM

      ---
      Virus Database (VPS): 0509-1, 03/01/2005
      Tested on: 3/1/2005 7:45:50 AM
    • Larry Hamilton
      Message 81 of 81 , Jul 11, 2005
        Christine,

        The Firefox release notes have some good information:

        http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/releases/1.0.4.html

        The profile folder is located on these versions of Windows, by default
        (It can be specified at another location):

        Windows 2000, XP Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application
        Data\Mozilla\Firefox
        Windows NT WINNT\Profiles\<UserName>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox
        Windows 98, ME Windows\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox

        There is a profiles.ini, and pluginreg.dat and the directory with a
        "salted" name for each user in the Firefox directory as listed above.

        When you re-install Firefox, just copy the profile folder to the desired
        location, and you should be good to go.

        Larry Hamilton
        Kairos Computer Solutions
        http://www.kairoscomputers.com/