Re: [NTO] Firefox help

  • jorigami
    Message 1 of 81 , Mar 1, 2005
      --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, Christine <christine@e...> wrote:

      > I'm already rebuilding my main machine because I messed (again) with
      > too much incompatible free and shareware! <LOL> Do I need to fear?
      > Or at least worry?

      Dump Firefox and get Opera ;)

      *wears asbestos suit and hides under the table*

      (I use both, and IMO Opera has better out-of-box features.)

      Jorma
    • Larry Hamilton
      Message 81 of 81 , Jul 11, 2005
        Christine,

        The Firefox release notes have some good information:

        http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/releases/1.0.4.html

        The profile folder is located on these versions of Windows, by default
        (It can be specified at another location):

        Windows 2000, XP Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application
        Data\Mozilla\Firefox
        Windows NT WINNT\Profiles\<UserName>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox
        Windows 98, ME Windows\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox

        There is a profiles.ini, and pluginreg.dat and the directory with a
        "salted" name for each user in the Firefox directory as listed above.

        When you re-install Firefox, just copy the profile folder to the desired
        location, and you should be good to go.

        Larry Hamilton
        Kairos Computer Solutions
        http://www.kairoscomputers.com/