Re: [NTO] Another Thunderbird question

  • Don - htmlfixit.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 23, 2005
      Jan Pullmann wrote:
      > Hello hsavage and Alec,
      >
      > thanks for your feedback.
      >
      > I did have a look at the support page but I find it rather confusing.
      > There doesn't seem to be a comprehensive help-file and I couldn't find
      > anything specific to my question.
      > For the last few years I have used an old version of 'The Bat'. There
      > you can download just the headers and then decide which mails you want
      > and the rest gets deleted on the server.
      >
      > I will have a look at 'PopTray' but it would be nice to be able to not
      > have to install yet another programme :)
      >
      > Thanks for your help,
      > best wishes
      > Jan

      Hi Jan,

      Under tools, account settings, server settings, there is a fetch headers
      only setting. Isn't that what you want?
      I would assume when you delete that header from your thunderbird, it
      would delete the email off of the server. But you could also just
      delete mail after x days I would assume and thus dump anything you had
      not downloaded. I am further assuming if you check download headers
      only, that you get the mail itself when you select it. Lots of
      assumptions. :-)

      Don
    • Greg Chapman
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 23, 2005
        Hi Jan,

        > I will have a look at 'PopTray' but it would be nice to be able to not
        > have to install yet another programme :)

        If forced to install another, then consider nPOP. (It's only an 84kb
        download, and will act as a full multiple account e-mail client, or simple
        mail checker for you.)

        I maintain the support site for it.

        Watch out for a new release which should be coming very soon!

        Greg Chapman
        http://www.npopsupport.fsworld.co.uk
        The unofficial UK Support site for nPOP.