Re: [NTO] Another Thunderbird question

  • Jan Pullmann
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 23, 2005
      Hello hsavage and Alec,

      thanks for your feedback.

      I did have a look at the support page but I find it rather confusing.
      There doesn't seem to be a comprehensive help-file and I couldn't find
      anything specific to my question.
      For the last few years I have used an old version of 'The Bat'. There
      you can download just the headers and then decide which mails you want
      and the rest gets deleted on the server.

      I will have a look at 'PopTray' but it would be nice to be able to not
      have to install yet another programme :)

      Thanks for your help,
      best wishes
      Jan

      --
      Mit freundlichen Grüssen
      Jan Pullmann
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 23, 2005
        Jan Pullmann wrote:
        > Hello hsavage and Alec,
        >
        > thanks for your feedback.
        >
        > I did have a look at the support page but I find it rather confusing.
        > There doesn't seem to be a comprehensive help-file and I couldn't find
        > anything specific to my question.
        > For the last few years I have used an old version of 'The Bat'. There
        > you can download just the headers and then decide which mails you want
        > and the rest gets deleted on the server.
        >
        > I will have a look at 'PopTray' but it would be nice to be able to not
        > have to install yet another programme :)
        >
        > Thanks for your help,
        > best wishes
        > Jan

        Hi Jan,

        Under tools, account settings, server settings, there is a fetch headers
        only setting. Isn't that what you want?
        I would assume when you delete that header from your thunderbird, it
        would delete the email off of the server. But you could also just
        delete mail after x days I would assume and thus dump anything you had
        not downloaded. I am further assuming if you check download headers
        only, that you get the mail itself when you select it. Lots of
        assumptions. :-)

        Don
      • Greg Chapman
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 23, 2005
          Hi Jan,

          > I will have a look at 'PopTray' but it would be nice to be able to not
          > have to install yet another programme :)

          If forced to install another, then consider nPOP. (It's only an 84kb
          download, and will act as a full multiple account e-mail client, or simple
          mail checker for you.)

          I maintain the support site for it.

          Watch out for a new release which should be coming very soon!

          Greg Chapman
          http://www.npopsupport.fsworld.co.uk
          The unofficial UK Support site for nPOP.