Re: [NTO] Re: [NTB] Printing problem

  • Peter
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 21, 2005
      Thanks, Jody. The printer I use is a Lexmark Optra E310 laser.
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 22, 2005
        Hi Peter,

        >Thanks, Jody. The printer I use is a Lexmark Optra E310 laser.

        I'm sorry I have not found the time to test this yet. I will try
        to make time today. We've been extremely busy testing a new
        exciting product, but it takes a lot of time testing due to its
        nature. Just to calm your curiosity it is a mail conversion
        program. It converts mail from many different mail programs to
        popular mail formats. We hope to have it ready for release in
        about a month.

        We will then doing some quick minor updates to MailBag Assistant,
        EzImager, EzThumbs, and Album Express. And, then, hopefully, off
        to get a NoteTab upgrade started.

        From NoteTab's Clip PasteBack feature...

        We do not have an estimated time of release for v5, but it is being
        worked on. We originally planned a total rewrite for v5, but that is
        most likely getting moved to v6. V6 will take awhile to be released
        due to the total rewrite of NoteTab. We hope to get to v5 within a
        few months, but it could be longer. There's a slight chance that
        tree-view Outlines will be added in v5. It will address some current
        bugs for sure. All users of 4.9x will most likely get a free upgrade
        to v5 (not the total rewrite). Users of v4.95 and above may get a
        50% discount for the total rewritten program. Users of v5 would most
        likely get the 50% discount, but I cannot say for sure about v5 or
        v6.

        Eric Fookes, our owner and programmer, is currently working on a
        couple of updates for our other programs. A lot of the code being
        used in the latest releases of our other software will plug directly
        into NoteTab v5/6 so in that sense, v6 of NoteTab is being worked
        on. Some of the main features for v6 are: customizable syntax
        highlighting, a better Block Copy/Cut/Paste, etc., customizable
        keyboard shortcuts to Clips, tree-view Outlines, removable &
        customizable Toolbars, plus much more...

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 22, 2005
          Jody,

          Please don't rush. I shorten paragraphs as needed (not too often). Just wanted to air the issue.

          Peter.
          >Thanks, Jody. The printer I use is a Lexmark Optra E310 laser.

          I'm sorry I have not found the time to test this yet. I will try
          to make time today. We've been extremely busy testing a new
          exciting product, but it takes a lot of time testing due to its
          nature. Just to calm your curiosity it is a mail conversion
          program. It converts mail from many different mail programs to
          popular mail formats. We hope to have it ready for release in
          about a month.

          We will then doing some quick minor updates to MailBag Assistant,
          EzImager, EzThumbs, and Album Express. And, then, hopefully, off
          to get a NoteTab upgrade started.

          From NoteTab's Clip PasteBack feature...

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 4, 2005
            Hi Peter,

            >Thanks, Jody. The printer I use is a Lexmark Optra E310 laser.

            I tested using your Clip and instructions about how many A/a in
            and had no problems printing. Maybe update your drivers, but Eric
            tends to think it is a bug deep in the Delphi code that he uses
            to program with that causes a small handful of printers to act
            like that.

            http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 9, 2005
              Hi Peter,

              >Please don't rush. I shorten paragraphs as needed (not too
              >often). Just wanted to air the issue.

              I don't remember if I replied to this, but I ran the tests you
              made the Clip for and it printed fine. Perhaps this freeware will
              make it work...

              You might try out a freeware printing utility that adds quite a few
              more printing options and preferred by many users over the regular
              windows print dialog used by NoteTab. If you need to discuss
              TxtPrint, please do so on the Off Topic list.

              You can download the Library that Eric Fookes made which has a link
              to the small TxtPrint utility (both links are below) in it which
              will give you print preview, page n of pages n and allow you to
              print selections of text instead of the whole document. It has a
              number of other small nice to have features too.

              You need to have a compression utility to unzip the zip files. Ask
              me if you do not know what that is. Install TxtPrint10, the
              software, wherever you would like. Install the .clb file Eric made
              to the NoteTab Libraries folder. It will show up on the Libraries
              Bar at the bottom of NoteTab. Click on it to activate the Library.

              Clipbook Library - goes in Libraries folder:
              http://www.notetab.com/clipbooks/txtprint.zip
              TxtPrint10 - Install wherever you want:
              http://www.notetab.com/ftp/txtprinten10.zip

              You can put the printing Clip on your default Clipbar if you
              wish. For more information about the Clipbar in registered
              versions of NoteTab and some basic Clip information please read
              the following web page. http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.htm

              Also, you can go into Windows Explorer (or My Computer) and right
              click over TxtPrint.clb and then check Properties. Click on Hidden
              and that will hide the Library off the Libraries Bar. You can still
              access it from the Clipbook's combo box, the small upper window
              which is above the Clip items in all Libraries. Please see Help |
              NoteTab's Glossary for terms you might be unfamiliar with.

              http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm