Re: [NTO] Re: Clips for Creating Web Pages Of Clips

  • Larry Hamilton
    Message 1 of 22 , Feb 20, 2005
      Jorma,

      Point well taken. It was rather late when I built this clip. I am
      changing it right now.

      I'm glad you liked the clips.

      Thanks!

      Larry Hamilton
      Kairos Computer Solutions
      http://www.kairoscomputers.com/
      Sales Affiliate for Grisoft Anti-Virus

      Jorma Oksanen wrote:
      > On 19 Feb 2005, Larry Hamilton wrote:
      >

      >>I built two clips for creating web pages of clips. They are basically the
      >>same. They both take clip code (copy it into a regular document first) and
      >>mark it up with HTML and CSS to display with NoteTab clip syntax
      >>highlighting.
      >> .gray { ... }
      >> .red { ... }
      >> .blue { ... }
      >> .green { ... }
      >

      > Very nice clip, but I would use semantic class names ( .label / .comment /
      > .command / .function ) instead of presentational ones.
      >

      > Jorma
    • ladyck3
      Message 2 of 22 , May 25, 2008
        Ok, so I was reading through my Archives, because let's face it, this
        NTO group is a FANTASTIC Resource for new and inventive ideas as well
        as finding cool tools that one may not have even thought about but
        goodness cannot do without once we find them :)

        I found this thread but did not find the clip or the update. What
        ever happened here? Was the clip posted? If not, could you please
        repost it?

        Thanks much!

        ladyck3
        (Laurie)

        --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, Larry Hamilton <lmh@...> wrote:

        > Jorma,
        >
        > Point well taken. It was rather late when I built this clip. I am
        > changing it right now.
        >
        > I'm glad you liked the clips.
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Larry Hamilton
        > Kairos Computer Solutions
        > http://www.kairoscomputers.com/
        > Sales Affiliate for Grisoft Anti-Virus
        >
        > Jorma Oksanen wrote:
        > > On 19 Feb 2005, Larry Hamilton wrote:
        > >

        > >>I built two clips for creating web pages of clips. They are
        basically the
        > >>same. They both take clip code (copy it into a regular document
        first) and
        > >>mark it up with HTML and CSS to display with NoteTab clip syntax
        > >>highlighting.
        > >> .gray { ... }
        > >> .red { ... }
        > >> .blue { ... }
        > >> .green { ... }
        > >

        > > Very nice clip, but I would use semantic class names
        ( .label / .comment /
        > > .command / .function ) instead of presentational ones.
        > >

        > > Jorma

      • Larry Hamilton
        Message 3 of 22 , May 25, 2008
          ladyck3 wrote:
          > Ok, so I was reading through my Archives, because let's face it, this
          > NTO group is a FANTASTIC Resource for new and inventive ideas as well
          > as finding cool tools that one may not have even thought about but
          > goodness cannot do without once we find them :)
          >
          > I found this thread but did not find the clip or the update. What
          > ever happened here? Was the clip posted? If not, could you please
          > repost it?
          >
          > Thanks much!
          >
          > ladyck3
          > (Laurie)
          >

          > --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, Larry Hamilton <lmh@...> wrote:
          >
          >> Jorma,
          >>
          >> Point well taken. It was rather late when I built this clip. I am
          >> changing it right now.
          >>
          >> I'm glad you liked the clips.
          Laurie,

          Here is the clip. I have it on my website:
          http://www.kairoscomputers.com/notetab/notetab.php

          I have included it below.

          However, I think this version is the one for NoteTab 4.x, as it is dated
          in 2004.

          I searched and found the message referenced by you here:

          It has a couple of clips and they are dated 2005. I will have to update
          the one on my website. For some reason, I thought I already had.

          I hope this helps!

          Larry Hamilton
          Kairos Computer Solutions
          http://www.kairoscomputers.com/
          Sales Affiliate for Grisoft Anti-Virus
        • Sheri
          Message 4 of 22 , May 28, 2008
            You can make html highlighted clipcode with the "Preview Listing in
            Browser" and "Instant Preview" clips (compatible with NoteTab 5.1+) in
            the Color Highlighting library posted in the Clips files area as well.
            It recognizes (in a clipcode document): search text, trailing spaces,
            comments, labels, commands, variables, evaluated variables, functions,
            and clip headers; the colors used for each (as well as the overall
            font) can be customized. To retrieve the html, just click "No" when it
            asks if you want to delete the temporary html document that is generated.

            For NoteTab 4.95, the same thing can be done using other clips in the
            same library, but those clips require the PHP command line interface
            to be available.

            Regards,
            Sheri
          • Mike Breiding
            Message 5 of 22 , Jun 2, 2008
              Greetings,

              I get this error message occasionally and have never been able to
              associate it with any particular action or application.
              Is it familiar to anyone?

              Here is a screen shot.
              http://mbreiding.us/temp/error.jpg

              Thanks,
              -Mike
            • Alex Plantema
              Message 6 of 22 , Jun 2, 2008
                Op maandag 2 juni 2008 21:30 schreef Mike Breiding:

                > I get this error message occasionally and have never been able to
                > associate it with any particular action or application.
                > Is it familiar to anyone?
                >
                > Here is a screen shot.
                > http://mbreiding.us/temp/error.jpg

                It looks like an error in Windows. Try some of the search results of
                http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Amicrosoft.com+%22the+memory+could+not+be+read%22

                Alex.
              • Mike Breiding
                Message 7 of 22 , Jun 2, 2008
                  Hi Alex,

                  I did some googling on this previously but I never came up with anything
                  like the specific message I get.
                  It is the same every time.
                  Thanks,
                  -Mike
                  =============

                • bruce.somers@web.de
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jun 2, 2008
                    That message must be from a Microsoft component.

                    Everyone else knows enough to put the name of the program that displays the window either on the title bar or within the window.

                    According to the Windows API (Application Program Interface), it belongs on the title bar.

                    Bruce

                  • Mike Breiding
                    Message 9 of 22 , Jun 2, 2008
                      Whats weird is Window is spelled Winidow in the title bar.
                      -mb
                      ==============
                      bruce.somers@... wrote:
                      > That message must be from a Microsoft component.
                      >
                      > Everyone else knows enough to put the name of the program that displays the window either on the title bar or within the window.
                      >
                      > According to the Windows API (Application Program Interface), it belongs on the title bar.
                      >
                      > Bruce

                    • MotoMania
                      Message 10 of 22 , Jun 2, 2008
                        I did a search on "pcmservice.exe" on google and one of the first I
                        found was:

                        http://www.file.net/process/pcmservice.exe.html

                        HTH! or at least gives an idea of where to start.

                        Mick

                        motomania@...
                        Remove SPAM to email me :)

                        safely in a pretty and well preserved body -- but rather to skid in
                        broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming
                        -- WOW, WHAT A RIDE!!" - Author : Unknown

                        Mike Breiding wrote:
                        > Whats weird is Window is spelled Winidow in the title bar.
                        > -mb
                        > ==============
                        > bruce.somers@... wrote:
                        >> That message must be from a Microsoft component.
                        >>
                        >> Everyone else knows enough to put the name of the program that displays the window either on the title bar or within the window.
                        >>
                        >> According to the Windows API (Application Program Interface), it belongs on the title bar.
                        >>
                        >> Bruce

                      • Mike Breiding
                        Message 11 of 22 , Jun 2, 2008
                          MotoMania wrote:
                          > I did a search on "pcmservice.exe" on google and one of the first I
                          > found was:
                          >
                          > http://www.file.net/process/pcmservice.exe.html
                          >
                          > HTH! or at least gives an idea of where to start. Mick

                          This page gave me a place to start. Thanks!
                          I used Spybot S&D tools to remove pcmservice.exe from the startup list,
                          rebooted and it did not load.
                          I am still unsure what the file does.
                          The Media Direct Launch button still functions without it.

                          -Mike
                        • hsavage
                          Message 12 of 22 , Jun 2, 2008
                            Mike Breiding wrote:
                            > Greetings,
                            >
                            > I get this error message occasionally and have never been able to
                            > associate it with any particular action or application.
                            > Is it familiar to anyone?
                            >
                            > Here is a screen shot.
                            > http://mbreiding.us/temp/error.jpg
                            >
                            > Thanks,
                            > -Mike

                            Mike,

                            This site can be found via websearch but, to save a little time try this
                            url.

                            http://www.file.net/process/pcmservice.exe.html

                            ºvº SL_154 created_2008.06.02_13.49.58

                            Newspaper HeadLine...
                            • Panda Mating Fails; Veterinarian Takes Over
                            € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
                          • alice ttlg
                            Message 13 of 22 , Jun 2, 2008
                              On 6/2/08, hsavage <hsavage@...> wrote:
                              > Mike Breiding wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Here is a screen shot.
                              > > http://mbreiding.us/temp/error.jpg
                              >
                              > This site can be found via websearch but, to save a little time try this
                              > url.
                              >

                              > http://www.file.net/process/pcmservice.exe.html

                              The fact that "Windows" is misspelled and that it says at the url above:

                              "Some malware camouflage themselves as PCMService.exe,"

                              makes me seriously think what you've got is a virus or trojan or other
                              nasty thing. I am always leary of misspelled stuff (or obvious
                              grammatical errors) as it is often a sign of spam or viruses. I'd run
                              some virus checks and if you're not running behind a firewall, this
                              could be a reminder that you need one and a good anti-virus program if
                              you don't have one.

                              --
                              hth,
                              alice ttlg

                              Vox Populli, webhosting for fans
                              http://www.populli.org/
                              Glenfinnan, webhosting for everything else
                              http://www.glenfinnanhosting.com/
                            • Mike Breiding
                              Message 14 of 22 , Jun 2, 2008
                                alice ttlg wrote:
                                > The fact that "Windows" is misspelled and that it says at the url above:
                                >
                                > "Some malware camouflage themselves as PCMService.exe,"
                                >
                                > makes me seriously think what you've got is a virus or trojan or other
                                > nasty thing. I am always leary of misspelled stuff (or obvious
                                > grammatical errors) as it is often a sign of spam or viruses.
                                I feel the same and have been suspicious, but I could never detect
                                anything other than the error message popping up.
                                > I'd run
                                > some virus checks and if you're not running behind a firewall, this
                                > could be a reminder that you need one and a good anti-virus program if
                                > you don't have one.
                                I run ZoneAlarm and Spybot and have a hardware firewall which I hope is
                                adequate.
                                I simply cannot tolerate intrusive and slow AV software so I have
                                always relied on "safe computing" and firewalls to combat intrusions.

                                Thus far I have found nothing I can positively determine is anything
                                which has hacked it's way in.
                                -Mike
                              • alice ttlg
                                Message 15 of 22 , Jun 2, 2008
                                  On 6/2/08, Mike Breiding <mike@...> wrote:

                                  > I run ZoneAlarm and Spybot and have a hardware firewall which I hope is
                                  > adequate.
                                  > I simply cannot tolerate intrusive and slow AV software so I have
                                  > always relied on "safe computing" and firewalls to combat intrusions.

                                  :) Everyone's experiences are different, even two identical PCs will
                                  have different reactions! Zone Alarm has been awful for me every time
                                  I've used on various PCs for the last few years, way too slow, uses
                                  too much memory.

                                  What worked for me is a hardware firewall and Avast anti-virus (I like
                                  it better than Grisoft, that one always slowed the PC down too much
                                  and too many popups, Avast always worked more quietly in the
                                  background. Plus safe computing and all that.

                                  Choice is a good thing so we can all find what works best for each of us!

                                  > Thus far I have found nothing I can positively determine is anything
                                  > which has hacked it's way in.

                                  It might have come from a legit site that you visited that had been
                                  hacked - the server I run my webhosting business on got hit a couple
                                  years ago by a hacker thru a security hole in a php-based archiving
                                  program. It managed to insert a footer on thousands of webpages on
                                  more than just the initial customer's site. (That was a very late
                                  night cleaning up that mess!) And a friend of mine, her site has
                                  gotten hacked by a virus that infected her webpages (on a Linux server
                                  run by a very large webhost who had no interest in fixing the
                                  vulnerability on another customer's account and so her site and
                                  everyone else's got infected). Often the infected part of the webpage
                                  is not visible to the user or looks innocuous and it can be on a
                                  reliable site you've visited before with no problems.

                                  --
                                  hth,
                                  alice ttlg

                                  Vox Populli, webhosting for fans
                                  http://www.populli.org/
                                  Glenfinnan, webhosting for everything else
                                  http://www.glenfinnanhosting.com/
                                • Jeff Scism
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Jun 2, 2008
                                    A Dummy "Winidow"?

                                    Jeff

                                    Mike Breiding wrote:
                                    > Greetings,
                                    >
                                    > I get this error message occasionally and have never been able to
                                    > associate it with any particular action or application.
                                    > Is it familiar to anyone?
                                    >
                                    > Here is a screen shot.
                                    > http://mbreiding.us/temp/error.jpg
                                    >
                                    > Thanks,
                                    > -Mike

                                    Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG
                                    ~~

                                    "Proponents of each side are vying with determination to prove their ignorance is greater than the other."

                                    President Andrew Jackson, discussing a bill going through the US Congress.

                                    Visit http://ibssg.org/
                                    For The Blacksheep website, MORE...

                                    Putnam County Indiana Biographies and Obituaries
                                    http://ingenweb.org/inputnam/bios/

                                    Montgomery County Indiana Biographies and Obituaries
                                    http://ingenweb.org/inmontgomery/bios/

                                    Fountain County Indiana Biographies and Obituaries
                                    http://ingenweb.org/infountain/vitals/bios/
                                  • Jeff Scism
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Jun 2, 2008
                                      Mike Breiding wrote:
                                      > MotoMania wrote:
                                      >
                                      >> I did a search on "pcmservice.exe" on google and one of the first I
                                      >> found was:
                                      >>
                                      >> http://www.file.net/process/pcmservice.exe.html
                                      >>
                                      >> HTH! or at least gives an idea of where to start. Mick
                                      >>

                                      > This page gave me a place to start. Thanks!
                                      > I used Spybot S&D tools to remove pcmservice.exe from the startup list,
                                      > rebooted and it did not load.
                                      > I am still unsure what the file does.
                                      > The Media Direct Launch button still functions without it.
                                      >
                                      > -Mike

                                      I think it was a malware process, since the word "Window" was misspelled.

                                      Jeff

                                      --

                                      Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG
                                      ~~

                                    • buralex@gmail.com
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Jun 3, 2008
                                        Mike Breiding <mike@...> said on Jun 02, 2008 15:30
                                        -0400 (in part):

                                        > I get this error message occasionally and have never been able to
                                        > associate it with any particular action or application.
                                        > Is it familiar to anyone?
                                        >
                                        > Here is a screen shot.
                                        > http://mbreiding.us/temp/error.jpg
                                        Mike - from the following posts it sounds like it actually was a window
                                        raised by something called "PCMservice.exe" and you've got it removed now.

                                        For next time ...
                                        Have you got Process Explorer (from Sysinternals) on your system? One of
                                        many nice features it has, is a button on the toolbar which can be
                                        dragged onto any window. When mouse is released Process Explorer window
                                        is reshown with the owner of the window highlighted. If you double-click
                                        the process line it opens a properties window which can show you amongst
                                        other things the command-line used to start the task/process. This is
                                        often a good head-start to determining what is going on.

                                        Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail

                                      • Mike Breiding
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Jun 3, 2008
                                          alice ttlg wrote:It might have come from a legit site that you visited
                                          that had been
                                          > hacked - the server I run my webhosting business on got hit a couple
                                          > years ago by a hacker thru a security hole in a php-based archiving
                                          > program. It managed to insert a footer on thousands of webpages on
                                          > more than just the initial customer's site. (That was a very late
                                          > night cleaning up that mess!)

                                          Makes me queasy just thinking about that!!
                                          So far, my only hijack has been page defacement of index files due to my
                                          improperly setting file permission.
                                          The substituted page was Pakistani propaganda as I recall. I got lucky
                                          nothing worse happened.

                                          Thanks,
                                          -Mike
                                        • Mike Breiding
                                          Message 20 of 22 , Jun 3, 2008
                                            Jeff Scism wrote:
                                            > I think it was a malware process, since the word "Window" was misspelled.

                                            Hi Jeff,
                                            I have been thinking that way also since it first appeared.
                                            But, how can I verify that?
                                            When I choose "OK" or "Cancel" on the dialog box, nothing obvious seems
                                            to happen.
                                            Since I removed it yesterday from the Startup list it has not shown back
                                            up in the Processes list.

                                            -Mike
                                          • Mike Breiding
                                            Message 21 of 22 , Jun 3, 2008
                                              buralex@... wrote:
                                              > Mike Breiding <mike@...> said on Jun 02, 2008 15:30
                                              > -0400 (in part):
                                              >
                                              >> I get this error message occasionally and have never been able to
                                              >> associate it with any particular action or application.
                                              >> Is it familiar to anyone?
                                              >>
                                              >> Here is a screen shot.
                                              >> http://mbreiding.us/temp/error.jpg
                                              >>
                                              > Mike - from the following posts it sounds like it actually was a window
                                              > raised by something called "PCMservice.exe" and you've got it removed now.

                                              I think so as well. Time will tell.
                                              > For next time ...
                                              > Have you got Process Explorer (from Sysinternals) on your system?<TRIM>

                                              Just downloaded. Very handy!
                                              Thanks,
                                              -Mike