Re: [NTO] Making Note Tab Light work with Miktex

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 25, 2005
      Hi Ron,

      I'm sorry; I should not have asked the question. It wasn't meant
      to be answered. I don't have the time to download and learn a
      program. I was merely pointing out that you can pass a focused
      file to another program if its command-line parameters allow it
      an that is what you are trying to do. Sorry about the path being
      in my instructions. The ^** was interpreted by my PasteBack Clip
      and it sent the literal path back here of the file that was
      focused in NoteTab. <g>

      You want to see if the program does command-line and if you are
      indeed wanting to pass the focused file to it. If so, you would
      right click over a Library (F4 toggles the Clipbook Library so
      you'll know what it is) and choose Add Clip... Add the following
      line with your path information into the Clip after naming it
      when the Clip Editor opens.

      ^!"Miktex\path.exe" ^**

      ^** says to get the path to the temporary document of the focused
      file (if it is in a state needing to be saved) and if it does not
      need to be saved then it uses the path to the actual file.

      >Log on to "www.texlips.net" and download the TeXlips
      >2.0 or 1.2 library package. I suggest 2.0 (beta but
      >it works fine). It is already optimized for MikTeX
      >and has all of the paths for the standard TDS used by
      >MikTeX. Also has clipbars, icons, etc. Combined with
      >MikTeX it makes NoteTab a complete TeX system.
      >Forward search will only work with NTP due to the way
      >this clip is written. It can be modified to also work
      >in Lite.
      >
      >TeXlips 2.0 also has clips for BibTeX, CygWin, etc.
      >The only thing lacking (if you want it) for NoteTab to
      >be a complete TeX system using TeXLips and MikTeX is
      >syntax highlighting for TeX. You can also add the
      >LatexPie clipbar and library from the NoteTab
      >libraries online. It also works with MikTeX but is
      >not optimized for that distribution as is TeXlips.
      >
      >-ronnie-
      >
      >--- Jody <kjv-av1611@...> wrote:
      >
      >> Hi anj,
      >>
      >>> Hello. I have a user who wants to use Note Tab > Light with
      >>> Miktex but he can't "link" the two.. does anyone have any >
      >>> hints? Thanks!
      >>
      >> What does Miktex do? Does he need to pass a file to
      >> it via the command-line?
      >>
      >> If so, right click over a Library (press F4 to toggle the
      >> Clipbook Library open/closed) and choose Add Clip. Paste the
      >> following into it. It would be his full path to Miktex. The
      >> ^## Gets the path to the focused file in NoteTab.
      >>
      >> ^!"Miktex\path.exe" ^##
      >>
      >> Happy Clip'n!
      >> Jody
      >>
      >> All Lists: http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm