Re: [NTO] Network Not working

  • David Smart
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2005
      Firstly, you need to back off one step and make sure that your computers are actually talking to each other.

      Do you have any evidence for this. One easy way (and you'll probably want to do this anyway) is to share one or more directories from the "master" computer and see if the other computer can access those directories and their files correctly.

      Then, once you're happy that the computers are networked, you can look at sharing the Internet connection.

      I don't know which wizard you ran, but I suspect it may only have been a local network setup. You will need to enable Internet Connection Sharing in the master computer.

      There's lots of information on the Internet, but the following from Microsoft looks promising at first glance: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/learnmore/ics.mspx

      Dave S