Re: [NTO] Giving my Old Computer a new face !

  • Hugo Paulissen
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 20, 2005
      Is your PC as old as these pictures?

      http://blog.monkeymethods.org/2005/01/bill-gates-strikes-pose-for-
      teen-beat.html

      Hugo
    • Bill Scott
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 20, 2005
        Yeah and I have a 300 baud modem … how do I paint it … *||:^) wait I
        upgraded to a 1200 baud … cool … with 5 megs of hard drive … shazaammm

        Bill

        Is your PC as old as these pictures?

        http://blog.monkeymethods.org/2005/01/bill-gates-strikes-pose-for-
        teen-beat.html

        Hugo

        _____

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • David Smart
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 20, 2005
          > Yeah and I have a 300 baud modem � how do I paint it

          Not sure how to paint it, but colour it .... gone. :-)

          I remember my first 5 meg hard drive - at work of course, couldn't afford one for home. "How on earth would we ever fill all that up?"

          (Actually, come to think of it, my HOME computer was a Commodore 64 at that time.)

          Dave S

          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 20, 2005
            (Actually, come to think of it, my HOME computer was a Commodore 64 at that time.)

            Dave S

            Mine was a TI99-4A,

            Jeff
          • Bill Scott
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 21, 2005
              My first computer was a basis 108 which was a German made Apple II clone
              ..... it was the latest and greatest ...

              University Daisy chained Unix machines ... and then CompuServe was the
              internet which I think is AOL now .... Star something or other ... 1200 baud
              modem with text only green screen ... you could read the screen faster than
              it could download the text ... WordStar was the only wordproccessor you
              used keystrokes to move around the screen and edit ...

              I was a field engineer at McClellan Air force base working on the first
              CD-Rom it was in the OSAR which was a big box with these 12 inch CD's in it
              and a robotic arm that moved on a rail picked up the cd and came back too
              one of two drives the size of your desktop computer ... all of the f-111
              schematics were on IBM punch cards and were being converted analog to
              digital ... with a laser which would shine up through the microfiche into an
              analog to digital converter ... which then could be displayed on monitors as
              a digital image or printed out to plotter ....

              It is really interesting to think just how much knowledge has increased ...
              since then or for that matter since 1914 ... my Dad used mules to plow with
              in his life time ... Cars , Movies, trains , airplanes , rocket ships to the
              moon , heart transplants .. Cell phones ... We can speak in real time to
              people anywhere .. on the planet ..

              An Increase in knowledge and a running to and fro ...

              Earthquakes , Floods , Pestilence .... These are the beginning of sorrows