Re: [NRN] Forward and Back Buttons

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 18, 2004
      abairheart wrote:

      > I'm wearing my Elephant Skin today. So I'll venture into the murky
      > waters of icon changes a bit more.
      >
      > The reason the changing of entire clipbars isn't so attractive is,
      > that (now that I have added the navigation bars discussed a few days
      > agao, I have a total of seven utilities on my clipbar, for which I
      > would like to change to icon to ndicate status.
      >
      > That would require 2^7 (two to seventh power) different clipbar files
      > to display the various different combinations. I'm looking into
      > rewriting the clipbar file from a template with variables as a
      > workaround. So far, this requires loading the file into the editor.
      > I'd prefer to do this behind the scenes.
      >
      > The text to file function doesn't work as a far call or from the
      > clipbar. Any ideas are welcome.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >

      > Abair
      > Beaumont, TX, home of the first oil spill.

      abair,

      My clipbar icons, with a few exceptions, start clips. I do start a few
      utilities from the clipbar, Urlrun, Tidy, Txtprint and WordWeb.

      I don't have any of those set up to show status change as I do others
      but, offhand, I don't see any real problem.

      It would require some additional clip program lines, and, it would
      require an icon to show each state, operational, non-operational, 14
      distinct icons to show status for 7 utilities.

      You don't need an individual clipbar file to show status. Only one
      clipbar file, or 2 if you want some of the same utilities on both
      clipbars. The clipbar file is edited on the fly, to change the icon
      only for the affected utility or clip.

      Your last comment, was that about the ^!TextToFile command?

      If we're going to keep this thread going we should probably take it over
      to the Off-Topic list, it really isn't off topic but we have a freer
      range of discussion there, and, it will keep Jody off us.

      I'll copy this to Off-Topic also, let's pick it up from there.

      ºvº
      04.12.18
      hrs > hsavage@...