RE: [NTO] dot ink

  • Dart Chris
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 13, 2004
      That has to mean its a short-cut !

      _____

      From: Ed Brown [mailto:ebrown1927@...]
      Sent: Monday, December 13, 2004 3:08 PM
      To: ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [NTO] dot ink

      I did that already, and this is what I got:

      L[1]ÀF<[1]...½ÜÄZ$?Q¸àÄ
      e"¸àÄ\­Hº?

      E%­Ð~¨6
      F1?1>DIANNS~1.
      ï¾++1¹?1>Dianns Booko5n
      Q»ÐPRESARIOC:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Dianns
      BookA..\..\..\..\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Dianns Book `
      XgeneÖg÷QÝFaAEUR*ùD©`?±:{EURz÷GÙ^(TM)Å

      ++8ÇÖg÷QÝFaAEUR*ùD©`?±:{EURz÷GÙ^(TM)Å

      ++8Ç

      Christine wrote:

      > Ed, right-click on it and rename.
      > If it is actually a Word doc, it will open.
      > The first thing the program does is check the file extension. It's like a
      > lazy kid. If it fails to recognize the extension, it stops cold. No
      > suggestions, no continuing thought or problem solving, etc. It just sits
      > there with its finger in its nose complaining about being bored.
      >
      > Christine

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129kj3brb/M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=gr
      oups/S=1705007389:HM/EXP=1103035264/A=2434971/R=0/SIG=11eeoolb0/*http://www.
      netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185400> click here

      <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=groups/S=
      :HM/A=2434971/rand=523523294>

      _____

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

    • David Smart
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 13, 2004
        If it's a link, the document isn't there - it's still on the original computer. :-(

        If you do a properties on the file, if it's a link it'll show you what it points at. If you don't have that file, there's not much you can do - but at least you'll know for sure that it's a link.

        Dave S